Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine & kidneys

ricksondave

Registered
Is too much Creatine bad for your liver or kidneys? And should it be cycled to avoid any problems?

Also... I just purchased Xpand Xtreme Pump which has 5g of different types of Creatine. Would it be beneficial to run a serving of this pre-workout. And then to intake 5-10g of Creatine Mono postworkout?

Thanks guys

Is too much Creatine bad for your liver or kidneys? And should it be cycled to avoid any problems?

Also... I just purchased Xpand Xtreme Pump which has 5g of different types of Creatine. Would it be beneficial to run a serving of this pre-workout. And then to intake 5-10g of Creatine Mono postworkout?

Thanks guys

Effects of High-Dose Creatine Supplementation on Kidney and Liver Responses In Sedentary and Exercised Rats

“Previous studies indicated that short-term creatine supplementation associate with the physical exercise may be safe, but the effect of long-term creatine supplementation is still unknown.

There is a need for further research to elucidate the controversial points refers to renal and hepatic function after creatine supplementation.

The results of the current study indicate that supraphysiological long-term creatine supplementation (up to 4-8 weeks) may adversely affect kidney and liver structure and function of sedentary but not of exercised rats.”

But these are rats...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3761536/

For an active and otherwise healthy adult using 5g or less a day, it won't be an issue.

For an active and otherwise healthy adult using 5g or less a day, it won't be an issue.

I concur. No one should be taking high doses anyways. Personally it’s always made me feel bloated and dehydrated causing muscle cramps. It’s found in meats so I don’t feel the need to take it

I concur. No one should be taking high doses anyways. Personally it’s always made me feel bloated and dehydrated causing muscle cramps. It’s found in meats so I don’t feel the need to take it
I agree that no one needs it for sure. It's just a nice to have if you tolerate it well, and increase your daily water consumption to match the new hydration needs.

Effects of High-Dose Creatine Supplementation on Kidney and Liver Responses In Sedentary and Exercised Rats

“Previous studies indicated that short-term creatine supplementation associate with the physical exercise may be safe, but the effect of long-term creatine supplementation is still unknown.

There is a need for further research to elucidate the controversial points refers to renal and hepatic function after creatine supplementation.

The results of the current study indicate that supraphysiological long-term creatine supplementation (up to 4-8 weeks) may adversely affect kidney and liver structure and function of sedentary but not of exercised rats.”

But these are rats...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3761536/

BS. In fact they shouldn't have wrote that without knowing any history. I wrote only recently that a NABBA Mr U brought it into the UK in the 1980's. That's 40 years right there.

Thanks guys
Stick to a normal dose and you're fine. Using your 5g mix and then adding 5g of mono later is overkill, unnecessary, and can cause problems. It also will give you no additional benefits. Once the muscle cell is saturated at 100% everything else is waste. 5g per day is more than enough to reach that 100%

most doctors will probably tell you yes out of ignorance. the answer is absolutely not

the only thing creatine messes with that you have to worry about is it can cause bloating due to intestinal/gut issues. that has more to do with using too much mono

Dont abuse it and I believe a healthy adult won't have any issues.

Stick to a normal dose and you're fine. Using your 5g mix and then adding 5g of mono later is overkill, unnecessary, and can cause problems. It also will give you no additional benefits. Once the muscle cell is saturated at 100% everything else is waste. 5g per day is more than enough to reach that 100%

No clue why they suggest we take so much!

No clue why they suggest we take so much!

Who is 'they'? I only ever see forum members thinking they can 'double up' for better results.

Back
Top Bottom