Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does casein slow down the absorption of whey?

Glenn1990

Registered
Does casein slow down the absorption of whey? As in, if I took in 30 grams whey and 30 grams casein before bed does the casein slow the whey down? Do they have any effect on each other? Is there any downside to doing this?

There's no issue with taking both at the same time.
Other than the Whey will process faster, and you may need to get up in the middle of the night to pee.

But there's honestly no need to be taking the Whey before Bed, if you are already taking the Casein.
The Casein is more than sufficient to feed your body during your sleep.................... JP
P.S.
I would look for Micellar Casein as apposed to Calcium Caseinate.
The Micellar Casein is a little more expensive, but worth the money.

There is no downside taking a whey protein supplement and a casein protein supplement at the same time. It would basically be the same thing as eating egg whites (fast digesting protein source) and steak (slow digesting protein source) at the same time.

Proteins digest at different rates based on their molecular structure. Taking different proteins together will not effect the digestion of each individual protein. If you took a whey protein and casein protein supplement together, the whey protein would digest very quickly while the casein protein would digest very slowly. It would give you a sort of sustained release effect. As the whey protein is finished being digested, the casein protein will still be digesting and adding amino acids to your blood stream

You could do it but it would probably just be wasting money. The whey would digest quicker but it is not like they interact with eachother. The casein before bed is plenty. Actually I don't think you need anything before bed unless you are having a really tough time gaining.

this obsession with having protein 24/7 is something ridiculous IMO.

if you are a normal joe you simply do not need so much protein, so often. your body isn't going to utilize it all anyway unless you are injecting shitloads of gear and insulin like the pro's

my advice is don't over think things. if you are bulking eat clean but eat 300-500+ calories over maintenance and focus on compound lifts at the gym. the results will come. guys who complain they can't gain are really not eating as much as they think. i know a guy that claimed he eats 5000 calories a day. so it was 4pm and i asked him what he had to eat today. his answer was 1 poptart. sorry but that isn't even close to 5000 calories. and he was super skinny

Technically - yes, it will also slow down the digestion process of whey.

What is the reason behind taking both? Or are you taking a mix supplement?

Back
Top Bottom