Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To drink, or not to drink on workout

thucydides

Registered
How much do you usually drink during a one hour workout? Some people say you got to drink a lot, others say you should not. Personally, for me it is at times hard to drink a lot, because I start to feel heaviness in the stomach, and this gives me discomfort.

Depends on how hot the temperature is. It doesn't get that hot here so I sip about 250ml. But at work the other day it was in the 30's (Celsius) so I drank 2 x 700ml in 4 hours.

I agree with Mobster on this.
It really all depends on the Temperature, and how you are feeling.

If you feel Thirsty, then by all means have some Water, just make sure it's Not Too Cold, that could Cramp you up.

I personally sip on an Intra-Workout Drink (of my own making).
But when I get thirsty, I'll head to the water fountain............................... JP

We are talking about water here....not some sweet ass bcaa cap right?

I drink a shit ton while I train. ....if you are sweating and training hard water isn't going to sit in your stomach

Drink as your body dictates you. While drinking water is important, overdrinking is not good either, so you need to keep a balance. Remember, your kidneys can only process 800-1000 mls of water per hour when resting, and just 100 mls per hours when you are working out. If the kidneys can not process the water, it will get accumulated in body cells, which will lead to sodium imbalances. So listen to your body.

It is VERY important to drink during your workout. Your muscles are roughly 70% water. Staying hydrated during your workout will allow you to train harder, allow better nutrient delivery to muscles, give you a better pump and prevent injury.

Don't force yourself to drink and listen to your body but staying hydrated is VERY important. I drink close to a litre during my 90 minute workouts.

If you struggle to drink during your workout, make sure to properly hydrate before and after your workouts.

Back
Top Bottom