Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

egg whites vs. Whole eggs

monteDunlap

Registered
what are the differences between eating whole eggs you cook yourself vs. Those egg whites out of a carton that are so much cheaper and less headache? Specifically the nutritional difference between them. Someone said it did not matter as long as you hit your macros and that eggs are eggs. Someone else said it matters where the egg comes from.

Pasteurized eggs are eggs that have been pasteurized in order to reduce the risk of food-borne illness in dishes that are not cooked or are only lightly cooked. They may be sold as liquid egg products or pasteurized in the shell.

It's up to you which you choose but I don't think one is superior to the other as far as protein is concerned.

would you feed a show dog processed/pasteurized food? of course not. you want their coats, skin, eyes, everything looking great.

so why do humans put garbage in our bodies? makes no sense. I am not against processed junky foods like egg whites off the shelves, things like that help feed billions of poor people globally. but as an ATHLETE trying to look and feel your best it is completely ridiculous to say that processed foods as long as they 'fit your macros' is the same as whole foods. the reason people believe that is food company marketing, that is all. and fitness isn't just about being lean, i just ran into a crackhead yesterday with a white face begging for money. i gave him $5 and told him to go buy some food. he was skinny as a rail. guess what he went and bought? mcdonalds. and still skinny as a rail but dying inside. counting your macros as a skinny dude will help you stay skinny but it won't help you with everything else.

as far as food borne illness you should never buy low quality eggs from chickens that are in close quarters in cages or barns. that is where the salmonella is from. these chickens are sick and miserable.. you buy eggs from a place where the chickens are running around pecking, eating things out in nature and in the sunshine. no different then buying fish from china aquariums that haven't been cleaned in years that are swimming in their own feces, vs. catching your own wild fish in the clean ocean. know where your food comes from and you won't have that issue.

Last edited:
We say it on the podcast over and over again, you want to eat good wholesome foods that have not been processed by any means, so eating egg beaters out of a carton should not be your main source of egg protein. I’ll admit I have used Egg Beaters from time to time for the convenience and like how easy it is to just pour it out of the container but this not my norm, I rather buy organic whole eggs and that’s the way I eat errday. It not about just macros and cost, the quality of the food and lack of added chemicals is important.

I have liquid egg whites daily along with a couple whole eggs. They are an excellent healthy tool to get your protein in.

I stick to whole eggs most times but I do keep some boxed egg whites for convenience or when I just need a little extra lean protein.

I get 5 dozen eggs from Costco for under $8 and 6 cartons of egg whites for about the same price.

Its not organic free range but with the amount of eggs I eat, I just can't pay $4-5 a dozen

Back
Top Bottom