Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Electronic cigarettes question

Gennil

Registered
I am a long time smoker, and for many years I did not manage to deal with my addiction. So I thought that maybe I could use electronic cigarettes as a transition and a healthy alternative to cigarettes. Do you think this would work.

I only smoked for about 5 years before I went to vape, but I had no problems doing so. I continued vaping as a replacement for a couple years before complete cessation when I got into fitness. The main thing to remember is that while you are eliminating the tar and many carcinogens found in raw tobacco, nicotine is highly carcinogenic itself and robs your blood of oxygen. In vaporizers the concentration of nicotine by volume is much higher than what is found in raw tobacco. So is it better? Perhaps, but ultimately I would still aim for cessation rather than replacement. That said, some still struggle to quit with vapes because your continuing the habitual addiction, even if your body breaks the physical one.

With the electronic cigarettes you need to be very careful, since they still use nicotine, and due to the fact that it comes in such a high concentration, you may end up putting into yourself even more nicotine than with usual cigarettes. Yes, the electronic cigarettes have much less chemicals and other elements that are not good for your health, but keep in mind that there is still lots of nicotine, and you need to be able to dose yourself very carefully.

Not a Fan of the Electronic Cigarette.
I know it's tough to stop, but at some point, you just need to tell yourself that you are cutting your life short.

I was a Smoker awhile back, and just got to the point with every Cigarette, I felt worse and worse.
So I went Cold Turkey, 1st 3 Days were tough, but was OK afterwards.

I think one of the biggest problems trying to stop, is you don't know what to do, if you aren't smoking.
For me, after eating was a Bitch, cause that's when I really enjoyed one.
But again, after a few days, it gets better.
Lots of Hospitals and Insurance Companies sponsor Cessation Therapy, so maybe check that out................... JP
P.S.
I don't think I could use an Electronic Cigarette, after seeing so many Explode in peoples pockets on the Nightly News.

Yes use electronic cigarettes. It has worked for me. I haven't smoked a regular cigarette in 6 months. You have to get the right vape though. The Blu ones at the gas station suck and will not give you your fix. I started with a Vuse Vibe. It's available at some gas stations and gives a good fix. Now I use a Smok Vapepen 22. I really like it. You can taper your nicotine down depending on the juice you buy at the shop. Good luck [emoji106]

E-ciggaretes still contain the nicotine (the ingredient in tobacco that causes the negative health consequences).

If you are serious about quitting, book an appointment with your doctor. He will help put together a treatment and supplement plan to help you quit. Things like nicotine gum and patches are very effective to help you get off nicotine.

so you are going from being addicted to a cig to addicted to an electronic cig. what have you actually accomplished here?

NOTHING

just quit already, don't be around smokers and don't keep cigs in your house. how hard is it to just stop doing something you know is bad? i mean have some will power and stop being a bitch

so you are going from being addicted to a cig to addicted to an electronic cig. what have you actually accomplished here?

NOTHING

just quit already, don't be around smokers and don't keep cigs in your house. how hard is it to just stop doing something you know is bad? i mean have some will power and stop being a bitch

Have that as a tattoo.

NOTHING

Easier said than done my friend. You obviously have never been an addict and don't understand.

Also, nicotine in itself isn't what is so horrible about smoking tobacco. It's all the other shit that's in there. Read.

Easier said than done my friend. You obviously have never been an addict and don't understand.

Also, nicotine in itself isn't what is so horrible about smoking tobacco. It's all the other shit that's in there. Read.

it is easier than you think.. you just have to stop doing it

I know tons of smokers who can't stand the smell of smoke today who quit.. once your body gets acclimated it will change but you gotta have the willpower

it is easier than you think.. you just have to stop doing it

I know tons of smokers who can't stand the smell of smoke today who quit.. once your body gets acclimated it will change but you gotta have the willpower

You sound like my Mom [emoji12]

You just have to think of it this way........smoking is addictive so every time you try to quit and fail it gets harder the next time. Just quit cold turkey and fight through it. You need to be mentally tough. Same idea when you are cutting and want to cheat on your diet. Suck it up and push through. You will crave it and feel like shit for a reason.

If it's the only way to get off of cigs then make the switch. You can start with a certain percentage of nicotine (not too high) and wean yourself down until you have Zero nicotine. Once you wean yourself off of the nicotine you will be able to stop completely considering that is the number one most addictive ingredient in a cigarette. Stay away from all vape liquid that contains diacetyl(a flavoring that causes pulmonary fibrosis).
There are over 7000 chemicals in cigarettes. ECigs are not as bad, however there are not yet enough studies to show exactly what is happening. The most current is the temperature of the mod and people building these things to achieve extremely high temps, which has shown to actually cause a chemical reaction and form formaldehyde. Yes that is the worst chemical in cigarettes. So if you choose to get one don't be one of these vape fools who build and modify their stuff to extreme measures.
Sincerely,
You friendly neighborhood Respiratory Therapist :p

Not a Fan of the Electronic Cigarette.
I know it's tough to stop, but at some point, you just need to tell yourself that you are cutting your life short.

I wholeheartedly agree. Just stop.

Oh and, no one smokes. Smokers are just the suckers on the other end.

Back
Top Bottom