Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Essential oil use in bodybuilding

Jayvionc

Registered
I'm starting to see a trend of every now and then guys at the gym and girls to carrying around essential oils like peppermint. They are like small bottles. Already sniffing them before they do a lift or are they using them for something else. I would ask them myself but I'm a shy person and don't feel like talking to anyone

I'm starting to see a trend of every now and then guys at the gym and girls to carrying around essential oils like peppermint. They are like small bottles. Already sniffing them before they do a lift or are they using them for something else. I would ask them myself but I'm a shy person and don't feel like talking to anyone

Who knows…..people fall for scams every day

The essential oils are used to relax, they won't make you huge or buff. It's mostly to relax.

Peppermint works and its pretty cheap!

Not for bodybuilding and deffo not being smelt by lifters of any kind as an aid to a workout.

Peppermint itself and, for example, as a tea has it's place. The tea can help settle an upset stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

The essential oils are used to relax, they won't make you huge or buff. It's mostly to relax.

A lot but not all. Some are warming and or stimulating. But not nearly enough to make any serious difference, beyond the placebo effect, to a lifter of any kind. You're not gonna do more reps or lift more weight. In the case of the warming kind (as in similar ingredients in Deep Heat et al) they'll 'warm up' the joints.

Last edited:
I’m a practicing herbalist and never heard of aroma therapy being used in bodybuilding except perhaps in the sauna for relaxation. Possibly topically in the sauna (diluted in a carrier oil of coarse) for detoxification purposes as well but I’d venture to guess that any actual aroma usage results in the gym are psychosomatic. At any rate, it won’t hurt anything unless the guys are sniffing poppers instead of essential oil’s so I wouldn’t discourage it but also wouldn’t endorse it either.

Back
Top Bottom