Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasted lifting

bankteller

Registered
Is there any benefit to fasted lifting that is negated by a dextrose supplement? Okay SweetTarts and BottleCaps, but you get the idea

I understand that there are differences, like the insulin response, but I thought the cool thing about fasted lifting was that you don't have to worry about digestion time, gastric emptying, blood diverted to GI tract, etc. None of that seems part of the equation with a dex supp, so I was wondering why someone would opt for truly fasted lifting over dex'd lifting.

I train fasted every day. Anybody thinks they need dextrose to fuel a workout is misinformed. You don't.

those of you who cannot train fasted have TRAINED yourself to not train fasted. it is that simple

the good news is your body will adjust quickly when you teach it to train fasted, it will take maybe 2 or 3 weeks tops and then you will never want to eat before a workout again. plus doing this will boost your insulin sensitivity which we need bigtime.

you absolutely do not need to throw sugar at your body to fuel a workout. our bodies have plenty of stored glycogen (unless you are 2% body fat i dunno) to get you through 20 workouts. hell i fasted 19 days straight and my workouts got better and better as i went along. once your body is burning ketones for energy your adrenaline will be sky high and you will have the best workouts of your life. your ancestors would march days with no food, fight to the death and then march to where the king promised they would get food. it was you fight first, THEN YOU EAT. not you get food then you fight.

No expert here but I train fasted.

Only time I have is at 3:30 before work. It was rough the first couple weeks but now I'm not hungry until 8 - 9 in the morning.

Is there any benefit to fasted lifting that is negated by a dextrose supplement? Okay SweetTarts and BottleCaps, but you get the idea

I understand that there are differences, like the insulin response, but I thought the cool thing about fasted lifting was that you don't have to worry about digestion time, gastric emptying, blood diverted to GI tract, etc. None of that seems part of the equation with a dex supp, so I was wondering why someone would opt for truly fasted lifting over dex'd lifting.
So I have been training fasted for a couple of months now. I don't notice very much difference as far as performance goes, in fact I have been gaining strength. Now I don't understand what you mean by negate. You saying that you show up fasted but then eat some sugar to break your fast, while lifting? I don't see any benefits to that. But I will say that if your eat 4+ meals a day and train quick and intense you are guaranteed to get some gains.

those of you who cannot train fasted have TRAINED yourself to not train fasted. it is that simple

the good news is your body will adjust quickly when you teach it to train fasted, it will take maybe 2 or 3 weeks tops and then you will never want to eat before a workout again. plus doing this will boost your insulin sensitivity which we need bigtime.

you absolutely do not need to throw sugar at your body to fuel a workout. our bodies have plenty of stored glycogen (unless you are 2% body fat i dunno) to get you through 20 workouts. hell i fasted 19 days straight and my workouts got better and better as i went along. once your body is burning ketones for energy your adrenaline will be sky high and you will have the best workouts of your life. your ancestors would march days with no food, fight to the death and then march to where the king promised they would get food. it was you fight first, THEN YOU EAT. not you get food then you fight.
Great way to put it.

Back
Top Bottom