Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

frozen foods

Cole.2

Registered
I was wondering if those chinese and other frozen meal are healthy to consume 7 days a week or they make you gain lots of weight, I go to college and work, I don't have any time to cook at all, and I have been purchasing those meals for lunch and dinner, thanks.

I was wondering if those chinese and other frozen meal are healthy to consume 7 days a week or they make you gain lots of weight, I go to college and work, I don't have any time to cook at all, and I have been purchasing those meals for lunch and dinner, thanks.

They are Terrible.
Take a minute and read the Ingredient Label.

Hell, just look at the Sodium Content.
Allot of these Box Meals have over 2,000 Mg per Serving......................................... JP
P.S.
CDC (center for disease control), recommends you consume less than 2,300 Mg of Sodium per day.

CDC is not the FDA so why are they commenting on salt? Here 6g or 6000mg a day is the limit.

The CDC is commenting, cause High Sodium Intake causes Heart Disease and Stoke.
So if it's considered a Disease ~ that's the CDC's Middle Name................................... JP
P.S.
6,000 Mg of Sodium a Day ~ is Way Too Much !

https://www.cdc.gov/salt/pdfs/sodium_dietary_guidelines.pdf

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@hcm/documents/downloadable/ucm_300625.pdf

funny because yesterday I was browsing the frozen section at my supermarket (the one that was open in my town) after the hurricane. there is zero produce available and I won't buy any meats from there as it is all shit quality.
unfortunately my health food store was closed so i was forced to shop at this shithole excuse of a store (Publix it is called) and I can tell why most americans are fat shopping at places like this.

i looked at many 'healthy' frozen options in the section and it is awful. I ended up just buying some popcorn and nuts and leaving. if you ate that shit 7 days a week you would be in awful shape my friend.. just awful!

eating all this processed shit the past week during all these closures from the hurricane i have gained probably 3 or 4 pounds, thankfully my health food store is opening today so i will get to buy real food

Another example. A few years back I was doing voluntary work at the YMCA. I was told that the local under privileged kids had a higher percentage of bad teeth due to their working parents not being more likely to cook from scratch. That most ready meals are sweeter than they need to be hence the dental issue.

You ever read the ingredients in those frozen microwave dinners? I bet you can't pronounce half the ingredients.

Saying you don't have time to cook is an excuse. Buy yourself a rice cooker and make big batches of chicken, fish etc. once per week. Buy veggies/fruits you don't have to cook like apples, carrots, celery etc.

The only frozen foods you should buy are frozen fruits and vegetables.

I have not seen the ingredient list, but I am pretty sure those are not good for one's health. Can't you cook some rice in the morning (10-15 minutes) and get some tuna in cans with you? That would be a very healthy meal to eat, and it will take at most 15 minutes to cook....

No. The ingredients are sh*t and full of stuff like glucose syrup. Why not do a lot of cooking in a big batch and eat these through the week?

Mobster's comments are reminiscent of the fact that a price is to be paid for the convenience of such "foodstuffs," and that that price is more than simply the astronomical price of such garbage.

Exactly. I've owned my own supps company and worked in a meat processing plant back between '82 and '90. I've half an idea how this works. To have a box contain what looks like a home cooked meal stay 'kinda fresh' looking chilled (never mind frozen) requires color and dyes. To keep it at a kinda cheap price requires less than top quality cuts so it has flavor enhancers added and so on. That's just economics.

Even if my local supermarket had nothing but prepped for bodybuilding meals I'd have to buy 1.5 instead of one meal so it'd cost me more (most are for smaller guys than me). Economics again.

Back
Top Bottom