Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine good ?

risclarke

Registered
I used to think glutamine was a waste of money but having taken a 2nd look at it there may be some benefits to supplementing with it even though it is a non essential amino acid. Also someone said it can be good for those who have gut health problems. How much do you guys use everyday?

Glutamine is good, add it to creatine and there is a good supplement stack for you.

I dont supplement with it. If you get enough protein you dont need to

Exactly so. It's only useful if you're on a restricted diet

I’m a fan of it but it has mixed reviews

50-50. But when you look into it you'll see why. A high protein diet, esp one with protein powders rich in it, requires NO supplementation. But a low cal and restricted diet and you'll see some benefit. That's pretty much born out by the conditions in the studies both for and against

Plenty is found in meats and it’s also added to most protein powders

As are amino acids. Which is half marketing and half poor protein sources. A decent whey concentrate, for example, is 80% protein. Of which 16% can be Glutamic acid. Now if you're having one scoop (30g typically) and eat nothing but veggies then yeah, maybe, you'll need some added. Otherwise no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom