Join Evolutionary Forums


needtobuildmuslce.com
domestic-supply.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Greatest Protein Shake Ever! (This is not an ad)

  1. #1
    V.I.P. - Author nelson montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    295
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    The Greatest Protein Shake Ever! (This is not an ad)

    Real simple.

    In a blender. A half cup of milk. Two ice cubes. A scoop of unflavored protein powder of your choice. One heaping teaspoon of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. One heaping teaspoon of sugar. (And don't bitch about the sugar! It's one freaking teaspoon! You get more sugar in a bowl of oatmeal. ) .

    It's chocolatey and sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. And no nasty aftertaste. And you can gulp down 30 grams of protein in just a couple of swigs. And it'll cost a fraction of pre-made powders.

    You don't get any vitamins this way,but you;re taking N2GUARD anyway, right? You're covered. Enjoy.
    Backstage at the 2013 NPC Championships. 59 years old.

  2. #2
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48,679
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    here is a good bar recipe while we are on this subject:

    put raw nuts of your choice into a bowl and crush them a bit, then mix them evenly with raw honey and crushed fruit (peaches, apricots, plums). get a square glass container and press it in. then place in the fridge for an hour. cut into squares and now you have a healthy very minimally processed bar you can take with you anywhere vs. eating store bought bars with sugar and chemicals
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

  3. #3
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    158
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    here is a good bar recipe while we are on this subject:

    put raw nuts of your choice into a bowl and crush them a bit, then mix them evenly with raw honey and crushed fruit (peaches, apricots, plums). get a square glass container and press it in. then place in the fridge for an hour. cut into squares and now you have a healthy very minimally processed bar you can take with you anywhere vs. eating store bought bars with sugar and chemicals
    Steve, do you add any supplemental protein to the mix or just the nuts? I'm looking for a good bar recipe that I can replace these chemical filled nasty detour bars. For 20 years I never ate bars only used shakes for supplement. For whatever reason my digestive system cant handle a shake right before bed anymore. Bars seem to be ok but I really dont like all the shit in them.

  4. #4
    VIP gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    15,235
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson montana View Post
    Real simple.

    In a blender. A half cup of milk. Two ice cubes. A scoop of unflavored protein powder of your choice. One heaping teaspoon of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. One heaping teaspoon of sugar. (And don't bitch about the sugar! It's one freaking teaspoon! You get more sugar in a bowl of oatmeal. ) .

    It's chocolatey and sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. And no nasty aftertaste. And you can gulp down 30 grams of protein in just a couple of swigs. And it'll cost a fraction of pre-made powders.

    You don't get any vitamins this way,but you;re taking N2GUARD anyway, right? You're covered. Enjoy.
    bro I dont agree with that...why would you add sugar these days? only old guys that dont know about stevia would do that...just add a packet of stevia instead of sugar...and its still good...DO NOT add sugar bros...no good...
    Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

  5. #5
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48,679
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
    Steve, do you add any supplemental protein to the mix or just the nuts? I'm looking for a good bar recipe that I can replace these chemical filled nasty detour bars. For 20 years I never ate bars only used shakes for supplement. For whatever reason my digestive system cant handle a shake right before bed anymore. Bars seem to be ok but I really dont like all the shit in them.
    you don't need to add powder, the nuts have tons of protein already. i personally don't but you can add it if you would like.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

  6. #6
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    22,654
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I just take my protein as is - water. And it's unflavoured

    PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

  7. #7
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    158
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    you don't need to add powder, the nuts have tons of protein already. i personally don't but you can add it if you would like.
    I found a few recipes and most of the ones that incorporate protein powder have you mixing it with some kind of flour as a binder. You are way more knowledgeable about this than I am , any suggestions on that? Obviously I'm not going to using bleached wheat flour, but maybe coconut? They also suggest using some kind of milk as the liquid , do you think something like almond milk would allow me to keep a bar unrefrigerated for like 6 hours?

  8. #8
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48,679
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
    I found a few recipes and most of the ones that incorporate protein powder have you mixing it with some kind of flour as a binder. You are way more knowledgeable about this than I am , any suggestions on that? Obviously I'm not going to using bleached wheat flour, but maybe coconut? They also suggest using some kind of milk as the liquid , do you think something like almond milk would allow me to keep a bar unrefrigerated for like 6 hours?
    I use coconut flour to make pancakes so that would work. You can also add some almond extract
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

  9. #9
    Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22,876
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I haven't used protein powder in quite some time but that does sound tasty. Wouldn't work for me with the sugar though. Straight to my gut.
    ***hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) for Canadian sources***




  10. #10
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    158
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    I use coconut flour to make pancakes so that would work. You can also add some almond extract
    Thanks I'm going to try to make something this weekend and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •