Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heating up protein?

AllanS

Proficient Brother
TO what temperature can I heat up whey protein before it goes bust? I mean I read it would go bad when I heat it up. Help me out.

A lot of Whey is Already Heated when Processed (not all, but some).
So if you Reheat it, you will Denature the Protein, and damage it......................... JP
P.S.
Are you trying to add it to Hot Oatmeal ?
If so, take the Oatmeal off of the Stove for a Minute before adding, No Direct Heat !

You can heat up protein and it will not make it useless. I bake a shit ton of brownies/cookies/bread/muffins hnnnnnnnnngggggg

What about adding like a half scoop to my cup of coffee in the morning? Is that cool? I used to use some French vanilla creamer but figured some protein powder was a better option.

When you cook egg whites they turn from a liquid into a solid which means it's been denatured. This does not mean the protein is useless. Your stomach is denaturing your protein as soon as we eat it.

When you cook egg whites they turn from a liquid into a solid which means it's been denatured. This does not mean the protein is useless. Your stomach is denaturing your protein as soon as we eat it.

No, your body is USING it. lol

Heat destroys the structure of the proteins. The aminos are still present, and able to function as before, they simply may clot, clump, not mix good, and may even have an odd or bitter taste.

Whey protein isolate BECAME whey protein isolate BECAUSE t was heated up. It is how it is made. It kills the glutathione compared to the more natural whey protein, which, in that respect, is healthier than whey protein isolate.

Whey protein isolate BECAME whey protein isolate BECAUSE t was heated up. It is how it is made. It kills the glutathione compared to the more natural whey protein, which, in that respect, is healthier than whey protein isolate.

None are generally more "healthy" than the others. Some are light and fast-absorbing (isolate), and some are heavier and slow-absorbing (egg or casein). They serve the same purpose, but at different timetables.

To the extent that non denatured whey protein has more glutathione, it is, again, in that respect healthier.

Being "denatured" or broken down by your body's processes is vastly different than ingesting things that are already broken down.

Being "denatured" or broken down by your body's processes is vastly different than ingesting things that are already broken down.

Ya we probably shouldn't cook anything. I diddnt realize that I was ruining my delicious steak/eggs when I denatured the proteins during the cooking process. All those gainz I could have had

Steak and eggs aren't whey protein. lol. I'm off to a thread where there's intelligent conversation. Peace. Good luck with the "gainz". :)

Cold processes isolates are not heated and retain *immunoglobulins, alpha-lactalbumin, and beta-lactoalbumin and other immune boosting factors.

Back
Top Bottom