Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to choose a protein shake?

ballfred

Registered
my trainer said I have to drink protein shakes to build muscle, that is how the pros do it. he had several brands at the gym on display and he told me i had to pick 1 to use daily and a month's worth is $120. this seems expensive and when i asked him why he got mad at stormed out of the office and said to do what i tell him. so now I gotta pick 1 to use and what should i look for?

my trainer said I have to drink protein shakes to build muscle, that is how the pros do it. he had several brands at the gym on display and he told me i had to pick 1 to use daily and a month's worth is $120. this seems expensive and when i asked him why he got mad at stormed out of the office and said to do what i tell him. so now I gotta pick 1 to use and what should i look for?
Pick a different trainer. This guy is just trying to scam you out of money. Protein powder doeskt cost 120$ a month. Maybe a 3rd of that

he is trying to make a sale and collect commission. trainers make almost nothing actually training at these gyms, they have to make it up other ways and hustle their way

it isn't true you need a protein shake. the supplement industry has spent billions putting out junk studies and copy/pasting them all over the place to convince people they need them. pros push them to rep. easy $$$. i have drank probably 3 or 4 in my lifetime and each time i felt like ass after. also protein powder is chemically processed crap. and most all of them have added artificials, dyes, and sugars/oils to make it 'taste good' . you might as well buy the cheapest ice cream from walmart and you would get the same nutrition, they are THAT BAD

choose real FOOD. your body is like a lambo, put in good fuel in it.

Last edited:
First off if he was a good trainer he would tell you that all you need is a solid diet of whole foods. Protein powder is just a supplement used to meet your daily goals if lacking. If you have balanced diet you should have no problem hitting protein requirement.

I really touch my protein powder but I always keep some on hand for a quick shake. I like to use max muscle protein and only cost me like $30 for a bag.

He is just trying to sell you a product. Stick to real food and you will make plenty of gains. Whey is just a processed dairy byproduct. Nowhere the nutrition of something like eggs, chicken, or beef.

Back
Top Bottom