Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you use your protein on rest days?

TheChosenOne999

Registered
How do you take your protein on rest days – in the morning, or perhaps it is better to take it in the evening before going to sleep, so the body will be fed during the night? How do you take your protein?

When it really comes down to it, a protein supplement is nothing more then a convenient and easy way to get a protein source. Just use it whenever you want an easy protein source that doesn't require cooking.

Most people are in a rush in the morning so using a protein supplement for breakfast is the easiest. You can make yourself a shake and maybe have a banana/apple etc. along side of it and you have a super easy and fast breakfast in a matter of seconds.

If breakfast isn't an issue, you could use your protein supplement to make protein pancakes as a pre-bed treat.

you don't need to 'feed' your body 24/7 like that unless you are injecting insulin and trying to be a 300 pound dude. the problem with the protein thing is guys think they must copy cat these pro bodybuilder lifestyles. you don't!

get a good nights rest at night and give your digestion system a break. your muscles aren't going to shrink up like magic cause you didn't drink a shake at night!

There is absolutely no need for a protein shake everyday, or ever, if you can eat properly. As @muskate has well outlined this - protein shakes are just a convenient replacement for food when you can not have a proper meal for one reason, or another. However, if yo have a chance to have a proper meal, better go for the meal, as it is much healthier.

I don't have a set time honestly. It depends on how my day goes. On an off day I plan for all whole food meals but hey, life happens. If I get busy or something then that is where I will add in a shake.

Back
Top Bottom