Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How does Maca work on libido ?

williamzaha

Registered
Anyone know what the mechanism of action of Maca and Muira Puama is? Both seem to work really well in bulk for libido enhancement but I am just wondering if it has hormonal or neurotransmitter mechanism of action? or both?

used by themselves you won't get much from herbs, but when you stack them properly at GOOD DOSAGES they do work wonders.

that is why i rec'd n2generate. it is a blend of herbs at super high dosages

Anyone know what the mechanism of action of Maca and Muira Puama is? Both seem to work really well in bulk for libido enhancement but I am just wondering if it has hormonal or neurotransmitter mechanism of action? or both?
To my understanding they affect both, but I dont think its anything drastic by any means

Yeah I’ve read Maca works best in conjunction with other ingredients. Hard to find but N2generate has the ingredients you need. Highly recommended!

"Maca (ma' ka) is a food and traditional herbal medicine derived from the roots of a perennial plant (Lepidium meyenii) cultivated at high altitudes in the Andes mountains. Also known as “Peruvian ginseng” is belongs to the genus Lepidium and family Brassica (mustard). Maca is unique in being one of the few edible plants that can survive the intense cold, sunlight and strong winds found above 4000 m in the Peruvian Andes. In Peru, maca has been used for centuries as a food supplement to improve health and for its medicinal properties to enhance energy and fertility. The principal and edible part of the maca plant is the underground tuber, which is similar to a radish or turnip and varies in size and color (white, black, red). The principal components of maca are carbohydrates and protein and it is an excellent source of essential amino acids, iron and calcium. Secondary components include macaridine, macaenes, macamides and maca alkaloids that are unique to this plant. It also has multiple sterols and glucosinolates. In experimental animals, maca extracts increase sexual function and improve fertility. Other activities include improvement in memory and learning, decrease in prostate size and improvement in bone mineralization. Studies in humans have had conflicting results, but it has been promoted as improving sexual desire and improving sperm counts, improving mood, memory and learning, as well as energy and physical stamina. None of these effects have been proven in prospective, rigorously controlled trials in humans. The recommended daily dose varies widely (500 to 3000 mg daily), depending on the preparation used (capsules, tablets, liquid, root extract) and indications. Side effects of maca are uncommon and mild, and mostly include gastrointestinal symptoms and headaches."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548552/

Back
Top Bottom