Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many IU of vitamin D a day ?

It'll say on the bottle

I'm gonna disagree here a little bit. I wouldn't just blindly trust what this or that bottle says.
I think those recommendations are very often super low and IMO probably inadequate for someone who is physically active.
The research I've read regarding this topic also seems to strongly support that idea.

Update:

Check out this research for instance:

In November of 2010, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released new recommendations for dietary intake of vitamin D, 400–600 IU/day for children & adults (0–70 years), 800 IU/day for older adults (>70 years) [29]. These values are only slightly higher than past recommendations [29]. Many experts argue that while IOM intake recommendations may adequately prevent clinical vitamin D deficiency, they are significantly lower than the level necessary to achieve optimal vitamin D status [5,6,10,26]. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for Vitamin D, according to the National Institute of Medicine (IOM) [29] is compared to the Endocrine Society’s [30] recommended intake in Table 1. Many believe that the RDA is grossly underestimated [5,6,10,26], including the Endocrine Society, who released vitamin intake guidelines that are significantly higher [30]. The Endocrine Society recommends 400–1000 IU/day for infants, 600–1000 IU/day in children (1–18 years) and 1500–2000 IU/day in adults, in addition to sensible sun exposure [30].

LINK

Last edited:
it depends on where you live.

fellafinn lives in a high latitude so he would need to supplement
someone who lives in the caribbean shouldn't unless they are locked in a dungeon

also the ironic thing is we know that just taking a supplement you are deficient in doesn't always work. so in those cases i recommend finding a place that has an infrared sauna

Most people are deficient in vitamin D. Everyone should be supplementing with 2000-3000iu per day

Lot of promising scientific studies and research on the benefits of high dose Vitamin D supplementation. In particular in the realm of heart health. I shoot for 10000 iu's a day personally.

Back
Top Bottom