Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many protein shakes a day?

Anderman15

Registered
Hi guys , I wonder if it's ok to have a protein shake after training and one after lunch and dinner to speed up a gain weight process? thank you.

When it really comes down to it - protein shakes are just a convenient way to help reach your daily protein requirement. There is nothing magic to them.

I like using protein shakes but they shouldn't replace whole food sources of protein in your diet like fish, poultry, eggs, lean beef etc. They are meant to SUPPLEMENT you protein intake - not be your only source of protein.

I would do 1, maybe 2 shakes per day. Focus on whole food sources of protein for the rest of your meals. To gain weight, protein is important yes, but make sure you are also getting in plenty of quality carbs and healthy fats as well.

Bro have you ever given micellar casein a try? It provides a nice slow release of aminos over several hours. I drink about 3 small shakes a day in between whole food sources. As the others said, food is the best base but I don't always have time to make something. Plus it's like a snack so stops me from buying junk like ice cream.

I will usually do 1 Shake in the AM, as I'm never that Hungry, so I can get it down.

Then I'll do one Post Workout, again, don't feel like eating right away.......................... JP
P.S.
As I've gotten Older, I just don't have the Voracious Appetite, like I did when I was younger.
So Protein Shakes are a Convenient Method to meet my Macros.

But given my Druthers, I would go with Whole Food every time.

Last edited:
protein shakes can actually backfire on you.

they can kill appetite and they are inflammatory in the body!

if you find yourself drinking a shake and then not eating anything for hours then you got a problem.

protein shakes can actually backfire on you.

they can kill appetite and they are inflammatory in the body!

if you find yourself drinking a shake and then not eating anything for hours then you got a problem.

How do you figure that?

dairy is inflammatory, whey is dairy

True. But is it that big of a deal. I mean we both know there's a ton of food, food processing and other stuff we could worry about without what I'm gonna guess is not that much of an issue. If it was then bodybuilding community would be screwed right?

You can have as many as you want but wouldn't it be easier to just make your meals bigger? Either way I have no issue with protein shakes as long as they are not your primary protein source.

I agree with Steve. I haven’t had a protein shake after a workout. My gut has been better been eating more whole food. I might have casein at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell eating breakfast, 3 lunches and post workout meal and dinner, protein supplements are a necessity. One in the morning and one post workout. I physically cannot eat 6 big meals so the protein shakes are vital for me.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

we got a problem and it isn't from eating brocolli and spinach.

people in the US consume too much dairy, meat, and processed junk. yeah its a problem. I'm telling people to cut back on dairy for a reason, it really has no health benefits where you need it at all. it is better to just cut it out. same with gluten and soy. inflammation is a major problem

the whole protein shake fad started with Joe Weider who put Arnold on the product and they started selling it. Arnold was a sellout for doing that but he wanted $$$$. since then supplement companies continue to sell protein powders, easy $$$.. it is the #1 selling supplement if you ask any retail store. it is just something to mix with your water i get it, but it is far from necessary

It whatever works for you. I’m busy running around most the time as well. But I can meal prep good. So just take your meals with you to the gym. 9/10 your going to eat afterwards anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom