Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein do i need in a day

pritam

Registered
i am 132 lbs 21 year old working out regularly for last 4years.
i am currently taking around 180-200 grams ofprotein perday. I am in a 6months bulking phase right now . is it too much protein for me???

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

i dont understand

What is the reason for you using the protein? To gain? If the amount of training, calories and, yes, protein are enough then you'll gain muscle. If it's too much you'll getting fat and if it's not enough you won't be gaining. Simple enough??

for your weight 200g of protein a day is too much. you don't just throw food at your body like crazy unless you just want to get fat.

you build quality muscle mass OVER THE LONG TERM. by getting on a proper workout program, and eating clean food.. eating muscle food. stay away from kiddie food.. you won't grow off pop tarts, frosted flakes, cookies, ice cream, fast food, chipotle, and that other garbage i see 20 somethings eating everyday.

i dont understand

Because of the simple fact that if you don't eat enough (meaning caloric surplus) you are not going to build any muscle no matter how much protein you eat.
And the reason why he probably asked that question is the fact that you have been training for 4 years but weighing only that much which indicates that you probably have not been supporting your training with adequate nutrition.

I gotta say the weight thing caught my eye too. That's about 60-kilos. I dumbbell hammer curl more. It suggests he's not eating enough full stop. Of course he may be real short in height too

I gotta say the weight thing caught my eye too. That's about 60-kilos. I dumbbell hammer curl more. It suggests he's not eating enough full stop. Of course he may be real short in height too
5.5 from india. working out for almost 4years and took it seriously from last 1 year. and from then my diet was tight as hell.

5.5 from india. working out for almost 4years and took it seriously from last 1 year. and from then my diet was tight as hell.

What did you weigh 4 years ago?

What did you weigh 4 years ago?
in my first ever stage competition last year october my weight was 57 around 8-10% bf. then i took 1 month off and from around december i started to bulk up gradually. my weight is now 61kg with visible abs

1g to 1.5g of protein max per pound of bodyweight. The rest of your calories should be fats and carbs curtailed to your macro requirements

i am currently taking around 180-200 grams ofprotein perday. I am in a 6months bulking phase right now . is it too much protein for me???

67- 68

in my first ever stage competition last year october my weight was 57 around 8-10% bf. then i took 1 month off and from around december i started to bulk up gradually. my weight is now 61kg with visible abs

Ok. So the numbers are all over the place a little.

132lbs is 60-kilos. Which is what you weigh now (although around 10% bodyfat).
68-kilos is 149.6lbs. So a LOT more (relative to 132)
57-kilos on stage (just a few months ago) is 125.4lbs.

Now I know that the Indian guys tend towards a lighter frame (small joints) and you're short but not crazy short at 5'5". #

So the question I asked is the same - are you (and do you) wanna get bigger, heavier and or add muscle? If so and you're not then you add more food and protein (it's at a decent level now for what you weigh). If you're happy as you are leave it where it is and if you're adding fat (doesn't look that way with the abs being visible) then lower it.

Ok. So the numbers are all over the place a little.

132lbs is 60-kilos. Which is what you weigh now (although around 10% bodyfat).
68-kilos is 149.6lbs. So a LOT more (relative to 132)
57-kilos on stage (just a few months ago) is 125.4lbs.

Now I know that the Indian guys tend towards a lighter frame (small joints) and you're short but not crazy short at 5'5". #

So the question I asked is the same - are you (and do you) wanna get bigger, heavier and or add muscle? If so and you're not then you add more food and protein (it's at a decent level now for what you weigh). If you're happy as you are leave it where it is and if you're adding fat (doesn't look that way with the abs being visible) then lower it.
I want to go big gradually off course but some of my mates are saying that i am wasting my protein all together and my liver and kidneys will be in too much stress if i go around 200-250 at this body weight. little confused about that and i abruptly wrot this post. [emoji1]
but thanks to you for your time.

67- 68

I want to go big gradually off course but some of my mates are saying that i am wasting my protein all together and my liver and kidneys will be in too much stress if i go around 200-250 at this body weight. little confused about that and i abruptly wrot this post. [emoji1]

So 200-250g at your weight - yeah too much.

look bro, just post a picture because a lot of the meatheads on here don't understand what being a shorter guy and ripped looks like. to them if you aren't atleast 250 pounds you need to 'eat more'

just saying 'hey guys i weigh 130 pounds' is like the weight we use to warm up with so it isn't going to get you responses that are helpful if you get my drift.. btw i train a super light weight who weighs what you weigh and he is ripped to the bone.. super super small bone structure, so for him to 'bulk up to 150' would mean he would get fatter. so people on these forums don't 'understand' if you know what i mean

a picture would help

and my last advice is DO NOT LISTEN TO FRIENDS OPINIONS. they don't have your body structure or genetics. so what the fuck do they know about what works for you and what doesn't.

look bro, just post a picture because a lot of the meatheads on here don't understand what being a shorter guy and ripped looks like. to them if you aren't atleast 250 pounds you need to 'eat more'

just saying 'hey guys i weigh 130 pounds' is like the weight we use to warm up with so it isn't going to get you responses that are helpful if you get my drift.. btw i train a super light weight who weighs what you weigh and he is ripped to the bone.. super super small bone structure, so for him to 'bulk up to 150' would mean he would get fatter. so people on these forums don't 'understand' if you know what i mean

a picture would help

and my last advice is DO NOT LISTEN TO FRIENDS OPINIONS. they don't have your body structure or genetics. so what the fuck do they know about what works for you and what doesn't.
thats me around two weeks ago from today.
618f89a25e2d268d8c7f0d1a5973fb96.jpg
616366b749834d4fc9f225a1e30e0b62.jpg
36292481c33f89cb9f1c958bce2cf52f.jpg
4e3ccb0c1575c6dae9a24b493652ff1d.jpg
5e351314df36e2cb2967a34e18c35cf5.jpg

exactly what i thought. you look fantastic.

just eat when you feel hungry and eat clean. don't pay any attention to the scale and how much you weigh.. keep killing it in the weight room and good things will continue to happen. you have the perfect base for your age and don't fuck it up by throwing tons of food at your body

dude ignore all the meathead logic you have heard. don't listen to it. people are going to tell you to eat this much protein, that much carbs, this much calories, count your macros blah blah blah.. just ignore it and stick what you been doing. these perma bulkers telling you that you are doing things wrong only know to eat a lot of food and stick their ass with steroids. they got nothing more to offer.. any brainless monkey can do that and 'get big'.. i'm not impressed at all sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom