Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Isotonic for blood

gorchik22

Registered
Is the Isotonic XXI Power drink good for blood? It seems like a good think to keep the mineral balance in the blood, but is it any good? I am a bit weary of the calories and other additives. Is there anything like that but without additives?

It's basically the exact same thing as gatorade. The first ingredient is sugar. It's basically a flavoured sugar water. It's essential non-carbonated pop.

Truthfully - you really don't need an electrolyte drink. Unless you are a marathon runner or someone exercising in extreme heats and sweating for long periods of time, you will be getting plenty of electrolytes through your regular diet. Just stick with water during your workout.

If you are training in the heat, the only sports drink I have found that isn't loaded with sugar is power play sport -> http://www.innotechnutrition.com/product/power-play-sport

As a matter of fact, it will do more harm to you than good if you are not an endurance athlete, as it is full of sugars, and you won't notice much from these electrolytes unless you lose them badly, which happens with endurance sports.

sports drinks are a scam

you do sweat out salts and minerals so you do need to get them out. but as said above you get that and more from regular balanced diet and water. if you do live in a hot climate a nice refreshing drink i like to put together is greens powder with a little coconut water and regular water, with iodized sea salt mixed in, along with a liquid magnesium pill. and then finish it off with some watermelon. that will re-hydrate you

No electrolyte drink is 'good for blood'. Dehydration affects the blood and all the other systems in the body. But, as the guys say, very few - if any - gym users will ever get that dehydrated. And all that takes is water. Like that said you'd need to not just sweat out a LOT of water but a great deal of mineral salts.

There have been a bunch of tests where comparisons have been made between these kinds of drinks and water - water was equal. In the UK, where I'm posting from, they can no longer make some of the claims they used to.

And how can one tell if you are sweating a lot, or a bit less? Also, what should I drink in such case during workout? People say to me that you should drink very little during a workout - is that also true?

If you want to know what is sweating a lot, just take a look at the marathon athletes running - the sweat is falling off from them as if there were an invisible shower above them all the time. That is sweating a lot. Nobody in the gym will ever sweat that much - believe you me.

Better just drink water, and nothing else. It will already contain minerals that your body needs, so there is no need to add anything special to it. If anything, you may add in some BCAA.

Regarding the amounts to drink, it is indeed better to drink less when working out. Your kidneys can process 800-1000 mls of water per hour, but when you exercise, that amount falls down to 100-200 mls of water per hour. If you drink more than that, the water will just go up piling in the cells, causing some bloat. In fact, this is the reason there is such thing as water poisoning - if you drink too much water at once your kidneys may fail, and there will be a lot of damage inflicted on a cellular level.

And how can one tell if you are sweating a lot, or a bit less? Also, what should I drink in such case during workout? People say to me that you should drink very little during a workout - is that also true?

Just drink water naturally - don't obsess too much. I'd wanna see you killing it in the gym not asking how to drink water. I take 200-250ml of water with some carbs and creatine added right now. After I drink another 250-300ml as part of my protein drink. It's summer here.

The scientific answer is to weigh yourself before your workout and weigh yourself after. When you are done your workout, you want to rehydrate to regain all the lost water weight to ensure you are back to your original starting weight.

It's important to drink during your workout but the most important time to drink is after your workout to rehydrate. Drinking too much during the workout itself will give most people an upset stomach and hinder performance.

I drink between every set. i'm not sure who told you to not drink during a workout, that is absurd

if you are an endurance athlete that is true, we would spit, but it doesn't apply to weight training

Steve and I discussed this on a podcast we recorded last night. All you want to drink during your workout is water. You do not need any carb source unless you are doing extremely hard exercise for more than an hour. The exception would be someone doing a bike race or half marathon. Something like that. For a regular gym session where you are busting your ass just stick to water and lots of it.

Back
Top Bottom