Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

losing fat with swimming vs running

xwilliams

Registered
what do you guys think is more effective to loose weight and burn calories between swimming an hour a day or running for the same period of time? for some reason I get more exhausted swimming but I don't know if that means I burned more calories, thank you for your opinions.

Both are equally good options.

The goal of cardio is to simply burn calories. It does not matter what form of cardio you do, as long as it gets you moving and gets your heart rate up!

The bike, treadmill, step mill, rower, bur-pies, skipping etc. are all equally good options. If you don't like doing traditional cardio on a piece of cardio equipment, then things like MMA classes, swimming, playing floor hockey or basketball etc. are great options.

At the end of the day, anything that gets you moving and increases your heart rate is a great option and good for fat loss!

I actually recommend swimming to a lot of my larger clients for cardio because it is very non-invasive and causes no joint pain.

swimming is def less strain on the body. runners do a lot of bad things.. poor shoes, heel striking, running on hard surfaces. i would incorporate both into your routine to be honest, but if you run please run smart. I see people all the time running on the sidewalk, that is horrible on your legs. try and run on grass barefoot

With cardio I always recommend to do what you enjoy. You are more likely to go harder and stick to it longer. Swimming is great because it is not harsh on the joints like running can be.

I'm a big fan of swimming. Joints that were causing me pain before swimming often loosen up and feel a lot better afterwards.

Plus, you get to check out bikinis.

You can't Beat Swimming.

You don't have to Dodge Traffic, you're Not Choking on Car and Truck Exhaust.

And your Joints will thank you................................. JP

Back
Top Bottom