Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maximum grams of protein

There is no need to consume more then 1.5g of protein per pound of body weight under any circumstance

How much protein is the ultimate maximum for a human being to be consuming ?

There's no such thing. Although the way you ask the question is confusing so I'll address one simple version which gets asked a LOT.

How much can I have at one sitting?? Usually prefaced with 'I heard the most was 30g' to which they often add 'cos any more is wasted...' and so on.

The easy answer is 'steak'. As in have you ever gone out and had a large steak. Steak is 25g protein per 100g meat. 454g is a lb (so 16oz). So over 100g protein.

You didn't die. You might have felt real full and, at worse, you had one hell of a shit the next day. So a LOT more than 30g at a time.

protein! protein! protein!

a nice scam pushed during the 80's to get newbs to buy tubs of protein powder. they successfully scared people into beleiving you needed an absurd amount of protein or your muscles would shrink

if such a thing was true our ancestors would have had no muscle and been 100% fat... cause they sure as hell never ate 300g of protein a day. in fact they were lucky to get a few bugs a day or termites. some tribes in africa eat that sort of diet today and are they 100% body fat?

protein! protein! protein!

a nice scam pushed during the 80's to get newbs to buy tubs of protein powder. they successfully scared people into beleiving you needed an absurd amount of protein or your muscles would shrink

if such a thing was true our ancestors would have had no muscle and been 100% fat... cause they sure as hell never ate 300g of protein a day. in fact they were lucky to get a few bugs a day or termites. some tribes in africa eat that sort of diet today and are they 100% body fat?

A few points regarding our ancestors:
They were small for the most part. A higher (not high as such just more of the good stuff) protein diet allowed them to grow. So early man was what... 4 feet tall? Secondly once they started hunting with tools it was, as it's termed, feast or famine. Meaning you ate f'all if you caught nothing. But you also pretty much ate the whole damn thing, either on your own or with buddies, when you caught one. Ditto carrying larger animals back for the family or tribe. Arguably it's why we can be said to be genetically pre disposed to storing fat etc for the times between kills. Of course we haven't evolved enough to compensate for shit food choices and 24hr food availability.

I’ve had the most success with about my body weight + 20%.

So at 200lbs, I would consume roughly 220-230g of protein/day.

Back
Top Bottom