Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Meal replacement

expensivedoll

Registered
I'm in college and after i work out, i only have a few minutes before class on monday and wednesday. the time from after workout to getting home to eat is 2 hours

I have ON 100% whey gold standard. Would taking this right after my work out be sufficient, or do i need a meal replacment?

How does ON 100% whey protein + protein bar (have been eating Detour) compare to a meal replacement?

If meal replacement is what i need, what do you recommend?

am doing the starting strength program

i'm 5'11, 165 lbs

thanks

You'd be fine waiting two hours. What makes you think you wont be? Add a class on nutrition - failing that use the whey.

Or... do the workout quicker and have more time.

Or... change the time you workout.

By meal replacement you mean what exactly?
And to answer to your question, I don't see any problem with having your post-workout shake (+ maybe a little snack) and having a big lunch/dinner after you get back home.

So like I said if you feel like protein shake is not filling enough, take some fruit with you or food that's easy to carry along.
But in any case, as long as you hit your daily caloric needs that's basically what's most important.

I would rather you eat nithing than eat crap ir take a meal replacement. That is a myth that u have to eat after ur workout that started in thr 80s when supp companies wanted u to buy their fart powders

I wouldn't definitely go as far as saying don't eat nothing.
If you want to grow you need to eat. If you want to recover from your brutal workouts you need to fucking eat.

What better time to eat in day than after you have worked and your body is in the most efficient state in utilizing those calories.

Last edited:
At the end of the day just get your required macros in. Meal timing has a minimal effect. If it requires supplementing with protein, etc then so be it. That's what those are designed for. To fill voids you cant fit with real meals. Just try and get real whole food meals where you can. Reality is that we all have lives to live and sometimes you have to do what you have to do to hit your numbers

You need to eat, if you don't have enough time then change your workout schedule.

Back
Top Bottom