bannednutrition.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to gain weight taking protein

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Yes you should take it on your rest day too as that is when you are growing.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    No thatís not true about protein. Certain amounts may spark anabolism more than others but every gram of protein counts. Yes someone with your stats needs to be eating constantly. CONSTANTLY. You need every calorie you can get. Eat ice cream, shakes, pizza, whatever you have to do. Where youíre at you donít need to worry about carbs or fat. Just pack the food in. I would shoot for 3,000-3500 calories a day at the least. Are you working out?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by P0N View Post
    Protein powders aren't really a great solution in my opinion. You definitely need to get more clean whole foods in you. I would start by carefully tracking everything you eat now with an app like myfitnesspal to figure out your current baseline, and then increase and track until you start gaining.
    Yes, you need to track your food so you can be sure. MyFitnessPal is also what I use and I love it.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Yeah bro you need to eat

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
    I wouldn't even bother worrying about eating "clean".... clean doesn't refer to healthy, it simply means keeping calories in check to gain the least amount of fat. At 6'1 130, I'd suggest you throw that idea out the window, and just eat any and everything... imho you gotta a good 50+ lbs you need to gain. Carbs and fats are going to be your best friends in doing so. Pizza, pasta, cheeseburgers...

For $10 a costco large pizza has over 4400 calories in it (400+ carbs, 220g protein, and almost 200g fats). Perhaps try eating a half a pizza throughout the day a 3-4 days a week in addition to your normal diet. That's only $15-$20/wk for a ton of additional calories.
    I dont know if this is the best advice bro. you should always try to eat clean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12