Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help choosing oatmeals

Ditoniam

Registered
I was choosing today between different brands of oatmeals available at our local store, and got a bit confused. All of them claim to be healthy, and all that kind of stuff, but they all have different nutritional values. What is the right nutritional value that oatmeals should have? I need a baseline to know which one is best. Thnaks

The right number of carbs per 100 grams of product is 66 grams. So anything higher than that should be a red flag, and you should pay attention to the ingredient list. Choose the product that will have the least amount of additives and no sugars.

Simple.

Look at the ingredient list. If it contains anything other then oatmeal, skip that one.

Buy oatmeal that contains nothing but oatmeal. Instant, old fashioned, steel cut all pretty much have the same nutrition value. Just slightly different tastes and textures.

Simple... lol. Yet complicated .. interesting

It's like shopping with a woman (this happened): holding up two tins of beans... which one do you want? Me: the same fkin ones as last time! ha ha.

That's the problem - both products have no additives, but different macros. Don't understand how it can be...

There are many factors that can affect that....so better go with the one that has better macros.

Just plain old oats....steel cut oats are good to.

If your buying packets...jjust plain, nothing with added sugar

I use Steel Cut Oats when I have the time to cook them.

Mostly, I use Trader Joe's ~ Oven Toasted Old Fashion Organic Oats !
It's 100% Organic Whole Grain Rolled Oats ~ that's it.
Take about 5 Minutes to cook on the stove, around 3 to 4 Minutes in the Microwave (1,200 Watt).

Serving Size is 1/2 Cup.
Calories ~ 150
Carbs ~ 27 grams
Total Fiber ~ 4 grams
Protein ~ 5 grams

So you are looking for something like this................................... JP

Back
Top Bottom