Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinion on this, thanks

joseperez

Registered
I have a dialema. I like to have a protein drink immedietly when I get up in the morning, generally before my workout. The thing is a lot of the pre-workout supps I have say to take on an empty stomach. I have tried both not eating anything before a work out and taking the pre-workout supps like that. I have also tried not taking the pre-workout supps and drinking a protein drink before workout. I generally have better workouts after having my protein drink. I can't eat anything solid before a workout because it makes me sick. So what should I do?. Should I,

A) Get up drink my whey drink and pre-workout supps and go workout

B) Just skip pre-workout supps all together and have the Whey pre-workout

These are the only 2 things I can think of because I like to get my exercise do right away as soon as I get up. I don't want to sit around all day before I start exercising.

If you are working out right after you wake up, I'd recommend doing it fasted and than having your shake or eating immediately after. Preworkouts aren't needed.

I’m the same way, personally I drink a fairlife protein shake with a caffeine pill on my way to work/gym. Take my preworkout supps while I check my email and hit the gym as soon as I feel it. Following the gym is breakfast. It works for me more so than working out fasted, I just feel better. I personally do not think much is lost through absorption but someone else may have a different thought.

I’m the same way, personally I drink a fairlife protein shake with a caffeine pill on my way to work/gym. Take my preworkout supps while I check my email and hit the gym as soon as I feel it. Following the gym is breakfast. It works for me more so than working out fasted, I just feel better. I personally do not think much is lost through absorption but someone else may have a different thought.
I don't think absorption is a worry at all. My concern is more that you are sending blood to your stomach to aid in digestion, which has the potential to lead to cramping or diminished workout capacity. It's likely not a major concern though for just a shake.

train fasted. don't give me the bullshit "i train better with a shake".. that is because you made a habit of doing that and its all in your head

nobody who is a legit athlete throws hard to digest shit at their stomach before exercise. it is the most mind boggling dumbest thing you can do. your body is under stress while you workout, it will want to evacuate anything you put in it or use up a ton of energy to digest.. that is why you never eat before working out. if you must eat before 2-3 hours before and easy to digest stuff is all i would ever rec'd. but since you work out in the morning, go sip some water and go workout, break the habit of needing sugar or stims before a workout like you are some sort of crack addict

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed how many post have to do with grown men having tummy aches. Jesus

most people in this 'wonderful' country have deathy ill gut health. I don't blame people for that, the blame the victim mentality is buffoonery, because just turn on the tv and watch all the commercials for junk food and fast food. everyone has become a slave to food and they spend trillions trying to convince us that you have to eat 10 meals a day or you will DIE! so what i do on here is try to educate as much as I can via these forums and my podcast. my message is slowly getting out

Last edited:
train fasted. don't give me the bullshit "i train better with a shake".. that is because you made a habit of doing that and its all in your head

nobody who is a legit athlete throws hard to digest shit at their stomach before exercise. it is the most mind boggling dumbest thing you can do. your body is under stress while you workout, it will want to evacuate anything you put in it or use up a ton of energy to digest.. that is why you never eat before working out. if you must eat before 2-3 hours before and easy to digest stuff is all i would ever rec'd. but since you work out in the morning, go sip some water and go workout, break the habit of needing sugar or stims before a workout like you are some sort of crack addict

- - - Updated - - -

most people in this 'wonderful' country have deathy ill gut health. I don't blame people for that, the blame the victim mentality is buffoonery, because just turn on the tv and watch all the commercials for junk food and fast food. everyone has become a slave to food and they spend trillions trying to convince us that you have to eat 10 meals a day or you will DIE! so what i do on here is try to educate as much as I can via these forums and my podcast. my message is slowly getting out
Yea it called bellyaching

Alright I’ll get the workout done ASAP and then I can hit the shakes and caffeine to start the day. What kind of window do I have in the AM to get my protein down after a workout? I recently bought soy protein and want to make sure I’m getting 200 grams of protein per day!

Alright I’ll get the workout done ASAP and then I can hit the shakes and caffeine to start the day. What kind of window do I have in the AM to get my protein down after a workout? I recently bought soy protein and want to make sure I’m getting 200 grams of protein per day!

I usually eat an hour or 2 after a workout. Its a safe window for sure.

there is no such thing as a window after a workout. that was made up and sited by junk science in the 80's and 90's by supp companies trying to sell you fart powders.

what i can tell you is if you insist on eating after a workout, the best time to do that is when your body calms down after the stress of a workout. if you throw food at it too fast then you will just stress it out more which will actually HURT your gains, not help.

bottom line here is dump the stupid shakes. every time you get an upset stomach from it that is more energy your body has to use up that it can be used to actually repairing the damage you just did.

another thing is if you want to burn fat (who doesn't right?) why not workout fasted then just don't eat until later in the day? that will not only help with fat loss but it will also boost HGH in the body

Theres no window per se. It comes down to where your macros are at the end of the day

Back
Top Bottom