Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on this, thanks

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Opinion on this, thanks

I have a dialema. I like to have a protein drink immedietly when I get up in the morning, generally before my workout. The thing is a lot of the pre-workout supps I have say to take on an empty stomach. I have tried both not eating anything before a work out and taking the pre-workout supps like that. I have also tried not taking the pre-workout supps and drinking a protein drink before workout. I generally have better workouts after having my protein drink. I can't eat anything solid before a workout because it makes me sick. So what should I do?. Should I,

A) Get up drink my whey drink and pre-workout supps and go workout

B) Just skip pre-workout supps all together and have the Whey pre-workout

These are the only 2 things I can think of because I like to get my exercise do right away as soon as I get up. I don't want to sit around all day before I start exercising.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    If you are working out right after you wake up, I'd recommend doing it fasted and than having your shake or eating immediately after. Preworkouts aren't needed.

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Iím the same way, personally I drink a fairlife protein shake with a caffeine pill on my way to work/gym. Take my preworkout supps while I check my email and hit the gym as soon as I feel it. Following the gym is breakfast. It works for me more so than working out fasted, I just feel better. I personally do not think much is lost through absorption but someone else may have a different thought.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rogers View Post
    Iím the same way, personally I drink a fairlife protein shake with a caffeine pill on my way to work/gym. Take my preworkout supps while I check my email and hit the gym as soon as I feel it. Following the gym is breakfast. It works for me more so than working out fasted, I just feel better. I personally do not think much is lost through absorption but someone else may have a different thought.
    I don't think absorption is a worry at all. My concern is more that you are sending blood to your stomach to aid in digestion, which has the potential to lead to cramping or diminished workout capacity. It's likely not a major concern though for just a shake.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You do not need a shake before your workout at all. It's not doing anything for you. Train fasted

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Skip both. If it's either or skip the preworkout.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I'm amazed how many post have to do with grown men having tummy aches. Jesus

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    train fasted. don't give me the bullshit "i train better with a shake".. that is because you made a habit of doing that and its all in your head

nobody who is a legit athlete throws hard to digest shit at their stomach before exercise. it is the most mind boggling dumbest thing you can do. your body is under stress while you workout, it will want to evacuate anything you put in it or use up a ton of energy to digest.. that is why you never eat before working out. if you must eat before 2-3 hours before and easy to digest stuff is all i would ever rec'd. but since you work out in the morning, go sip some water and go workout, break the habit of needing sugar or stims before a workout like you are some sort of crack addict

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Genixcon View Post
    I'm amazed how many post have to do with grown men having tummy aches. Jesus
    most people in this 'wonderful' country have deathy ill gut health. I don't blame people for that, the blame the victim mentality is buffoonery, because just turn on the tv and watch all the commercials for junk food and fast food. everyone has become a slave to food and they spend trillions trying to convince us that you have to eat 10 meals a day or you will DIE! so what i do on here is try to educate as much as I can via these forums and my podcast. my message is slowly getting out
    Last edited by stevesmi; 01-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma HGH
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    train fasted. don't give me the bullshit "i train better with a shake".. that is because you made a habit of doing that and its all in your head

nobody who is a legit athlete throws hard to digest shit at their stomach before exercise. it is the most mind boggling dumbest thing you can do. your body is under stress while you workout, it will want to evacuate anything you put in it or use up a ton of energy to digest.. that is why you never eat before working out. if you must eat before 2-3 hours before and easy to digest stuff is all i would ever rec'd. but since you work out in the morning, go sip some water and go workout, break the habit of needing sugar or stims before a workout like you are some sort of crack addict

- - - Updated - - -

most people in this 'wonderful' country have deathy ill gut health. I don't blame people for that, the blame the victim mentality is buffoonery, because just turn on the tv and watch all the commercials for junk food and fast food. everyone has become a slave to food and they spend trillions trying to convince us that you have to eat 10 meals a day or you will DIE! so what i do on here is try to educate as much as I can via these forums and my podcast. my message is slowly getting out
    Yea it called bellyaching

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Alright Iíll get the workout done ASAP and then I can hit the shakes and caffeine to start the day. What kind of window do I have in the AM to get my protein down after a workout? I recently bought soy protein and want to make sure Iím getting 200 grams of protein per day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast