Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pea protein vs Whey protein

judenza

Registered
Which protein is better whey protein or pea protein? I have both but due to budget I don't want to use both at the same time, I want to use the best for muscle gains for a vegeterian like me.

When you go to your typical supplement store, you have 4 main protein supplements available to purchase:
1. A whey protein
2. A casein protein
3. A egg protein
4. A vegetable protein such as soy, hemp, brown rice, gemma pea, or alfalfa

Out of all the protein choices available, the gold stand is whey protein. It has the highest bioavailability and best amino acid profile. The problem with vegetable proteins like pea protein is that they have a very low biological value and poor amino acid profile.

There are two main types of whey protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues like gas, bloating and diarrhea. A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have only trace amounts of lactose.

When purchasing a whey protein isolate you want to see nothing in the ingredients list besides whey protein isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and maybe some salt, cocoa powder and soy lecithin.

I personally use the whey protein powder isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 26g protein, 1g carbs and 0g fat.

I would definitely go with a 100% Whey Isolate, that's Not Sweetened or Flavored.

This way You can control what is added................................ JP

Whey protein is a much better alternative, especially if you get the one made only with whey isolate.

the only reason not to choose the whey protein is 2 issues

1. lactose intolerant, then you can get isolate
2. if you do choose isolate you may still be dairy intolerant
3. you are a vegan

in that case you can easily find other ways to get protein. you don't HAVE TO drink shakes to get ample protein. I get plenty myself through other sources like eggs, fish, chicken and grassfed beef

Back
Top Bottom