Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Plant-based proteins/foods vs. whey

Slavic_Hulk88

Registered
Before reading further, I'd like to say right off that I'm not one of those self-righteous vegan/vegetarian diet peddlers. Stick to what works for you--I really don't care. I'm only speaking for myself here, and I'm sure others likely have the same issue that I'm about to describe.

I've stopped taking whey and whey-derived products as they've consistently caused quite extreme bowel disruptions, in some cases it was just plainly debilitating. The problem has gotten progressively worse throughout the years since my late 20s (I'm 33 now), and I've concluded that this stuff is simply not for me. Whey products aren't the only culprit that causes this, however, and I've since cleaned up my diet systematically, incorporating more plants in my diet as well as cutting virtually all processed foods. I also eat a lot less red meats, and not due to ethical reasons, but for health/practical reasons. I do feel better for it health-wise. However, regarding the convenience that whey has, especially after workouts, I was curious what your guys' opinions are on plant-based proteins? Yes, I know, some of them do not have a complete amino acid profile, though if several different plant-derived proteins are used, it's about as good as whey, and (don't quote me on this), overall healthier because of the plant phytonutrients that whey lacks, etc?

Cheers

there are many protein powders made with proteins from rice, peas, hemp, etc.
the important thing is to take a blend so that you have all the amino acids, I would remain far from the proteins of the soy alone

bro ive been doing vegetable based proteins for about a year...way better on my bloat then whey...i mix them up....

plant based protein powders are going to be automatically more healthier than whey based products because that is what the market demands. vegans/vegetarians are healthier people in general in most cases so they expect their supplements to live up to a standard.

however for me, I am going to stick to REAL FRUITS AND VEGGIES. locally or homegrown and organic so the nutrition is maximized. i have no interest in a plant based protein or whey protein and you simply do not need to chug any shake post workout. that is 80's propaganda to sell powders to people. REAL FOOD > shakes

after a workout the truth is you need rest. how else is the body supposed to repair the trauma you just put it through? the best thing you can do is have a good nights sleep. that is #1.

Well, its a subpar product compared to whey and the samples I tried tasted like shit too. Plamt based is not something I'd ever do, but free is free and I had the samples. I gave the rest away just because I couodnt choke them down. For those that want it, I guess more power to you. Its definitely not ideal but I know it makes vegans and vegetarians happy and those that may have issues with whey like yourself, so theres the market for it

Well, its a subpar product compared to whey and the samples I tried tasted like shit too. Plamt based is not something I'd ever do, but free is free and I had the samples. I gave the rest away just because I couodnt choke them down. For those that want it, I guess more power to you. Its definitely not ideal but I know it makes vegans and vegetarians happy and those that may have issues with whey like yourself, so theres the market for it

This is pretty true. They tend to taste worse, but that's not much of a concern for me. If you mix it with fresh or frozen fruit, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

whey is better absorption/aminos, plant is easy protein with no bloat

Back
Top Bottom