Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein bars to go

matchtime66

Registered
As a student, I find myself "on-the-run" and away from a kitchen on many days of the week. I am looking for any suggestions on a protein bar that will tide me over to the next meal, but is also not filled with saturated fats and sugars.
Any help/advice would be great.

I understand bro, sometimes we can’t just stop to sit and eat a meal.

I would recommend you carry a shaker bottle with just the powder in it, and when you need to get something in, just fill the bottle with water, shake and down the bad boy

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

As a student, I find myself "on-the-run" and away from a kitchen on many days of the week. I am looking for any suggestions on a protein bar that will tide me over to the next meal, but is also not filled with saturated fats and sugars.

I haven't come across with such yet. At least here where I live.
Most of them have pretty bad macros.

But if you want to take them anyway, just do some research in your local shops. Read the nutrition labels and pick up the one that is "the least bad".

Another option which I'd personally prefer is to carry some snacks with you. Like a protein shake and a couple bananas + handful of nuts for instance. It really isn't that difficult.

I thought they were all healthy this is an eye opener

none are healthy. 0% of them.. the ones sold at whole foods or a health food store are LESS BAD than ones from a gas station.. but still aren't going to be good

anything that can sit on the shelf in a package for months on end is rarely going to be healthy due to the preservatives added

there are SOME healthy preservatives out there, but they are far more expensive and food companies need to make $$$

Every once and a while I will do a MusclePharm Combat Crunch bar for some protein and carbs when in dire need, but as the others have said, none of them are really good for you. Definitely make clean whole foods your priority, and try to do as much meal prep before hand as you can to avoid these "emergencies."

How long are you going between meals? I'd just concentrate on making your meals count and getting your macros for the day that way

Back
Top Bottom