Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein before bed?

mattryan

Registered
I've heard before that it is important to drink a protein shake before u go to bed at night. I was wondering if this is a true statement or a myth?

I've heard before that it is important to drink a protein shake before u go to bed at night. I was wondering if this is a true statement or a myth?
No, you do not need a protein shake before bed....or anything for that matter.

they started pushing protein before bed (specifically casein) in the 80's to surprise sell you casein to take before bed!

i actually interviewed frank zane on my podcast a couple years ago and he never once took a protein powder nor did he ever eat before bed, nor was he aware of a single person in the golden age that did. now? everyone has a perma bulker body and have huge guts because they over eat and take protein before bed. so you be the judge who is right or wrong

the truth is the entire purpose of sleep is to rest and repair the body, and recover at the cellular level. every animal on earth sleeps for the same reason. your cat and dog at home sleep too, your fish does too. anyway to make the body do work as it is trying to sleep to digest what you put into it is not only counter productive but it is borderline retarded and illogical. your best bet is to not eat anything 2-3 hours before bed and make sure to evacuate thoroughly, this means pissing and shitting before bed and taking a nice relaxing shower. then you will not only sleep better, but you will recover better and faster too. same goes for a workout, why the fuck would you stress your body out more by putting anything into it (especially hard to digest protein fart powders) and then stress the body as you workout on top of that. no wonder guys struggle to workout

Really not needed. Steve covers the topic very well.

For myself, I’ll only have protein powder in the evening if for whatever reason I was unable to eat my last meal of the day. But wouldn’t make a habit of it. It’s a “just in case” to supplement my end of day meal

Back
Top Bottom