Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein for elderly

leosmith

Registered
my neighboor had asked me what kind of protein he should take because he says he losing muscle mass. he is 74 and he is diabetic(he doesnt take insulin shots) and he has pre exisiting heart conditions, hes very active likes to go fishing,building and walking. he is really fit for his age but i also noticed a decrease in his muscle mass. my question is whats a good protein for him with his medical conditions in mind.

thanks

my neighboor had asked me what kind of protein he should take because he says he losing muscle mass. he is 74 and he is diabetic(he doesnt take insulin shots) and he has pre exisiting heart conditions, hes very active likes to go fishing,building and walking. he is really fit for his age but i also noticed a decrease in his muscle mass. my question is whats a good protein for him with his medical conditions in mind.

thanks

Ensure. They make a version that’s diabetic friendly

he might want to consider TRT.. the androgel does not involve injections

i'm not a fan of these drinks they pimp to the elderly, do you guys read the ingredients? it is full of garbage

I can bet he’s losing “muscle” because he’s 74, and his body is wasting away. Is he active? Walking daily? How many times does he eat? 74yr people usually aren’t eating much. Plus he’s diabetic? Shit, man, tell him to talk to his Dr. I’m sure he’s a friend but at his age you don’t want to feel responsible for suggesting something that’ll cause any adverse affects

At 74 years old you are going to lose muscle mass. It happens. I recommend he eat a nutritious well balanced diet. If he wants to hold onto muscle mass he needs resistance training. Taking protein isnt going to counteract that

I recommend eating whole foods and staying active. TRT could be helpful if a doctor recommends it. Ensure drinks an the like have a lot of sugar and I don't recommend those especially for someone diabetic.

A good resistance routine with a balanced clean diet would be great to avoid muscle wasting.

It is natural to lose muscle mass at that age, however it might be worth him talking to his doctor about since the issue may not be protein intake related

Back
Top Bottom