Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein powders

1Honk123knoH1

Over the last month or so whenever I supplement with protein powder I feel dehydrated sick and get a headache.

I have used various powders from cheap to expensive such brands as true nutrition, mutant, perfect sports etc.

I use isolate or mix blends but nothing seems to help. The only time I don't seem to get rough is cooking with it or if I have another substance to mix with the powder eg blueberries or banana even then it's still not a great feeling

Any ideas.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Have you used 100% Whey Isolate that's Unflavored/Unsweetened.

As it sounds to me like 1 of the Artificial Sweeteners is hurting you.

Look to see if Sucralose is in it or Acesulfame Potassium.

As both would be on my List of Culprits.................................................. JP

It is stevia sweetened other than that cannot see anything that jumps out.

1d7eb13bafb8140d55aed5d374ac7a07.jpg

It sounds to me like you are sensitive to one of the artificial flavours or sweeteners in the product.

You are going to need to supplement with a pure whey isolate that is naturally flavoured and sweetened.

Check out isolation from n2bm.com. That's what I use. It's a pure whey isolate that is naturally flavoured and sweetened with the natural non-caloric sweetener stevia. The coffee espresso flavour is also really nice tasting.

either do what musky suggested or just stop taking whey protein. I haven't had whey protein in 6+ years and last I checked I am still alive and doing well. when I was competing in powerlifting and endurance sports I didn't use them either. crazy that you can get your protein from actual food... millienials don't want to do this .. they want to take the easy way out and use powders, instead of cooking their own real food. that's what happens when helicopter parents raise spoiled kids

the whole protein powder thing started in the 80's .. supplement companies want you to buy their tub of powder then eat real food. they don't make money when you go buy chicken, fish, or beef.

Last edited:
It is stevia sweetened other than that cannot see anything that jumps out.

1d7eb13bafb8140d55aed5d374ac7a07.jpg

In that case, you might just be sensitive to dairy proteins.

Do you include any other dairy products in your diet? Cottage cheese, greek yogurt etc?

You could try using a vegan protein powder based on hemp, gemma pea and brown rice.

While it's Rare.
Tapioca Dextrin can cause Allergic Reactions in certain individuals.
I like how they throw in there "Natural Flavoring"

There's Nothing Natural about Tapioca Dextrin, as it's a Chemical Process called "Hydrolysis".
They use that process to Separate the Tapioca Dextrin from the Tapioca, which has already gone through 1 Process.
When they Chemically Treat the "Cassava Plant" to yield Tapioca.
Which is a Starchy Carbohydrate...................................... JP
P.S.
I would try a 100% Whey Isolate that's not either Sweetened or Flavored.
You can do both yourself very easily, healthfully, and Inexpensively.

Over the last month or so whenever I supplement with protein powder I feel dehydrated sick and get a headache.

I have used various powders from cheap to expensive such brands as true nutrition, mutant, perfect sports etc.

I use isolate or mix blends but nothing seems to help. The only time I don't seem to get rough is cooking with it or if I have another substance to mix with the powder eg blueberries or banana even then it's still not a great feeling

Any ideas.

Thanks

Technical question - are you lactose intolerant?

Not lactose intolerant. This is something that has just started. I dont drink a lot of shakes. If I cook its fine I make protein pancakes and no issues. If I blend fruit it seems to be less issues also. I will try a unflavored and sweetened version see how that goes.y

Not lactose intolerant. This is something that has just started. I dont drink a lot of shakes. If I cook its fine I make protein pancakes and no issues. If I blend fruit it seems to be less issues also. I will try a unflavored and sweetened version see how that goes.y

There's a few Good Companies that make Isolate that's Unflavored/Unsweetened.
I usually get 5 Lb containers, they're Less Expensive, and I don't need to worry about them going bad before I use them......................... JP

the problem is most people who think they aren't lactose intolerant, are lactose intolerant. you don't have to waste time getting tested at the hospital. try an elimination diet. stay away from anything with dairy for a week. see how your stomach feels, then have dairy again.. if the issue comes back then that is your evidence. you should do the same thing with gluten too.. read the ingredients.

the problem though is both dairy and gluten are in so many things you don't think they are in. example is even candy can have gluten in it, and many things include dairy too. you really gotta learn about your body, it isn't normal to eat a meal and then get a stomach ache, something is bothering you..

Last edited:
I think just drop the shakes all together. When you don't react properly to something, your body is telling you it doesn't like it. I would just focus on getting all your protein from food. You already don't use that many shakes so it shouldn't be an issue. You could also try a vegan protein source just in case. There are hemp and pea proteins that are really good. They typically have carbs so you have to account for that as well as being a bit more expensive.

That is quite weird - it is the first time I hear of anyone having this sort of problems with whey protein. Most probably, you are reacting to some of the ingredients found in those products. Your best bet would be to try out some pure protein without any kind of additives in it, and see what kind of reaction you will get from it. If everything will be alright, then you will at least know that there is something wrong with those additional ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom