Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein powders upset stomach

sparrow25

Registered
I'm trying to get in more protein in my diet to hit 2g per pound of body weight like we are supposed to and it is proving hard even with a high meat diet so I've started supplementing with protein powders and my bowels are uncontrollable. I have diarrhea everyday and i dry heave after drinking it. is this normal?

You do not need remotely 2g of protein per pound, and consuming a lot of dairy can be very irritating to the digestive system. Just eat a sensible balanced diet of whole foods.

Switch it up to some hemp seed protein powder if whey is causing you bowel issues

That's more than you need. it's more important to get protein throughout the day and that should come mostly from food. Maybe two shakes a day tops and that depends on how well you tolerate dairy.

You are either really sensitive to dairy and/or lactose or you are consuming a very low quality protein powder. I recommend not using a powder anymore since you are just getting a negative reaction. Just eat real food. You will have no issue getting enough protein in throughout the day. There is no need to consume 2g per lb body weight. As long as you eat some protein with each meal you will get enough.

Limit yourself to one shake per day. 1 to 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight is more than plenty. 2g per pound is too much

do you really have to ask if uncontrollable bowels are normal? come on now bro. no it's not normal but it can happen to some people because it's not solid food. give your body time to adjust or eat normal food

Back
Top Bottom