Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Shakes

It's funny how everyone has to chip in with their opinions instead of just answering your simple question. Don't feel like "drinking protein shakes is the devil" like some people suggested in this thread. They work and will continue to work.

my retort is simply protein powder isn't real food. it isn't. if it was then zoo animals would be fed buckets of protein powder vs. real meat. they aren't. our bodies know the difference between a powder and REAL FOOD. if what you believe is true we would just need protein powder and veggie powders and we could just consume that all day. if you do that you WILL end up with major health problems because you cannot absorb much of anything from any sort of powder. you must eat REAL FOOD to get your vitamins, minerals, and protein.

protein powder is also very inflammatory, it will destroy your gut flora and cause you to absorb less from the actual food you eat. people who consume shakes every day are setting themselves backwards, not forward. and the worst thing of all is protein powders effect on recovery. your body has to use way more energy to digest a shake than real food. so instead of recovering properly you stunt recovery. how ironic that protein powder was pushed so hard the past 40 years to be consumed post workout when it actually is harming recovery. slow and hard to digest anything is the last thing you want to put in your body anywhere close to a workout or before bed. it makes absolutely zero sense, think about it!

Last edited:
my retort is simply protein powder isn't real food. it isn't. if it was then zoo animals would be fed buckets of protein powder vs. real meat. they aren't. our bodies know the difference between a powder and REAL FOOD. if what you believe is true we would just need protein powder and veggie powders and we could just consume that all day. if you do that you WILL end up with major health problems because you cannot absorb much of anything from any sort of powder. you must eat REAL FOOD to get your vitamins, minerals, and protein.

protein powder is also very inflammatory, it will destroy your gut flora and cause you to absorb less from the actual food you eat. people who consume shakes every day are setting themselves backwards, not forward. and the worst thing of all is protein powders effect on recovery. your body has to use way more energy to digest a shake than real food. so instead of recovering properly you stunt recovery. how ironic that protein powder was pushed so hard the past 40 years to be consumed post workout when it actually is harming recovery. slow and hard to digest anything is the last thing you want to put in your body anywhere close to a workout or before bed. it makes absolutely zero sense, think about it!
I agree that we all need whole foods, but protein powder is a supplement. There is nothing wrong with supplementing it in your diet.

You claimed protein powder negatively affects recovery. Could you please post a citation for that?

I agree that we all need whole foods, but protein powder is a supplement. There is nothing wrong with supplementing it in your diet.

You claimed protein powder negatively affects recovery. Could you please post a citation for that?

when you consume anything tough to digest or slow to digest your body has to work HARDER to process that. THINK ABOUT IT! there is a reason you feel like napping after a large meal on t-giving and no it isn't from trytophan. if you want citation look up who won the nobelprize 2 years ago Yoshinori Ohsumi and his work on autophagy. do some homework on that word and what it means and how to achieve it.

you won't get there drinking protein powder everyday because it is too slow digesting and hard to digest. it is a very bad idea before bed and around a workout pre or post. if you insist on powders then that is fine, but i would consume them far away from sleep or a workout, maybe in the middle of the day on a non workout day would be your best bet. i mean there are worse things than protein powder. alcohol, fast food, processed foods fall in the worst category.

Last edited:
I deff use whey protein with 2 scoops of my own ground oats... So it is like a meal between meals, and straight after gym.

30min window to drink a shake or eat a meal after workout. Protein shakes are meal supplements, not replacements.

Back
Top Bottom