Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Shakes

spinnerdinner

Registered
Hello,

I have heard alot of conflicting facts about when you should consume protein shakes. Is it irelavent what time i drink my shakes or any part of the day is okay. Or should i consume them within 30 mins of working out for it to have its 'maximum' effect

You shouldn't be drinking shakes, you should be eating real whole foods. Shakes are far less effective, and if you drink then near your workout, you're more likely to have stomach issues inhibiting your workout.

Hello,

I have heard alot of conflicting facts about when you should consume protein shakes. Is it irelavent what time i drink my shakes or any part of the day is okay. Or should i consume them within 30 mins of working out for it to have its 'maximum' effect

that is correct, you get conflicting information. think about why. if you are selling protein fart powders to naive 20 somethings you want them drinking it all day, before workouts, after workouts, before bed, etc.

the fact you are asking this proves you don't have your diet on point.

Hello,

Eat more food.

but there is something wrong with protein shakes ? I cannot afford to buy all this food.
You can use a shake to supplement protein to help hit your needs, but the truth is that they should never be relied upon. The results come from good whole food sources

Last edited:
yeah protein shakes used to be discarded as waste , now suddenly the industry picked it up

Suddenly? Like 30 years ago is sudden? Lots of things used to be thrown out and we now use.

but there is something wrong with protein shakes ? I cannot afford to buy all this food.

protein powder is not real food

the body knows the difference between real food and a powder. even zoo animals are fed REAL FOOD and they are in captivity and mistreated. how come they don't just feed them powders and save money too?

you CAN afford to buy food

protein powder is not real food

the body knows the difference between real food and a powder. even zoo animals are fed REAL FOOD and they are in captivity and mistreated. how come they don't just feed them powders and save money too?

you CAN afford to buy food

I cant afford it when im supposed to eat 180g of protein every single day (1.5* my weight)

I cant afford it when im supposed to eat 180g of protein every single day (1.5* my weight)

you don't need that much protein man

who said you did?

there isn't a rule that you MUST get X amount of protein. again that was made up by the supp industry to sell people protein powder. funny how nobody drank protein powder in the 70's then in the 80's they started telling people you needed this insane amount of protein in magazines which were OWNED by the supplement companies. crazy huh? that is called MARKETING and every industry has that. how ridiculous that people spend 50K on a car then drive it off the lot and it is worth 40K? the dealer who sold you that car laughs his ass off as you drive away knowing he just fucked you over, yet we buy millions of cars in this country every year because of marketing! stop believing the bullshit. michael jordan does not wear fruit of the loom underwear, tiger woods does not drive a buick. they push these products on people cause they are paid to, not because they actually believe in any of that shit

and YES you can afford food. learn to cook at home. stop eating out. that saves you a fortune right there

Last edited:
I just use whey protein, and I grind up oats in a blender and add 2 scoops to each shake. And have 3 a day. I drink each one between meals. And one always straight after a workout.

The oats gives u the carbs and is like a meal between meals.
This is if you're smashing gym and on a blast.

Hello,

To answer your question, the 30 minute post workout window is just bro science. You can drink your shakes anytime during the day.

It's funny how everyone has to chip in with their opinions instead of just answering your simple question. Don't feel like "drinking protein shakes is the devil" like some people suggested in this thread. They work and will continue to work.

Back
Top Bottom