Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this protein still good to use?

Ganyamis

Registered
I had my whey protein in a bag, and a couple of days I have forgotten to close it tightly, and some moths have got into there. I opened today the bag to get my whey protein, and like 6-8 tiny moths came out flying. Do you think it is alright to use it now? Safe?

Yes, not in summer time you really need to close all dry foods tightly, because these moths like to eat those and leave their larvae there. There is no need to be all too concerned about it – I would not through the whey protein away just for this, since moth do not bring parasites, so it is rather safe to eat. In the worst of the cases, you can eat up the larva, but it will die in your stomach and give additional protein. But nothing bad will happen.

I had my whey protein in a bag, and a couple of days I have forgotten to close it tightly, and some moths have got into there. I opened today the bag to get my whey protein, and like 6-8 tiny moths came out flying. Do you think it is alright to use it now? Safe?

Damn, now your Protein Powder is Fortified.

Joking aside, just clear the top of the Protein away if it bothers you.
The rest is fine.

If I told you how much Rat Poop there is in Peanut Butter, you may not ever eat it again.
There's Rat and Mice Hairs and Poop in all our Food Stuffs that are kept in Grain Elevators and Storage Bins.
Then there's things like Maggot's ~ Spider Legs ~ and a whole bunch of other Nasties in our Food............... JP
P.S.
Here's just a Short List.

https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRe...mation/SanitationTransportation/ucm056174.htm

It's fine to eat. You would be surprised how much bugs are in our regular food supply. It's not something super pleasant to think about - but it's life. Bugs get in everything. That's just how it is.

Heck, some people have even started to incorporate bug protein into their regular diet. Google 'cricket protein powder'. It's become the newest thing.

Your protein powder is still safe to use.

Lol, moths.. haha!!! You're right to use it bro - just be sure to seal it & those moths will stop chewing on your gains!!

Back
Top Bottom