Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein for swimmers

docheOma

Registered
whats the best protein for swimmers? ok im researching whey and egg protein but looking for like something as a mix. I want to do a perfect mix so I can train, recover and be like in sprint shape.

Yep. Protein is protein. Don't over think it. Remember, protein powder is a supplement. You add it to a decent diet. Base source of protein should be meat and eggs, not a powder.

If you Really want to get Crazy.
Then 100% Whey Isolate during the Day.
Liquid Egg Whites before bed ~ either Muscle Egg or Egg Whites International............................................ JP

The secret is to eat 40 million krill each day. That will give you enough protein to swim as hard and as fast as a blue whale.

The only difference for you as a swimmer compared to many others is the actual INTAKE AMOUNT... you are burning FAR more than even most endurance athletes in terms of calories and at that big of a deficit you will sacrifice muscle... I know Michael Phelps may be an extreme example but he was eating calorie amounts in a day that would take me near a week to get to... For most, it was 2-3 days worth of calories in a day and he was rail thin... He was extremely strong though and he had to accommodate the deficit he was at... I don't know to the extent of your swimming and burning but you need to accommodate this...

check out two types of protein at www.n2bm.com wheytobuildmuscle and isolation... isolation is perfect for your post workout and wheytobuildmuscle is extremely ideal throughout the day...

You've already received some good advice. I would just remind you DO NOT get back in the water for at least a half hour after drinking that shake!

whats the best protein for swimmers? ok im researching whey and egg protein but looking for like something as a mix. I want to do a perfect mix so I can train, recover and be like in sprint shape.

You got allot of good advice bro.. Go checkout N2BM.com for some great protein.

Whey isolate is perfect for swimmers. Fast acting and absorption which is ideal after large calorie expenditure from swimming.

Back
Top Bottom