Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

saw palmetto dose

adamkok

Registered
Hi guys, I guys after turning 48 the last year I've been having prostates issues, some body told me about this supplement and I was wondering what dose is effective for enlarged prostate, and also does this product brings any side effects in the long term? thank you all.

You can take it without problems, but it won't help the prostate issues all that much because according to scientific studies it has minimal benefits for the prostate. However, due to the fact that it will inhibit 5-alpha reductase enzymes, it will reduce testosterone levels, which will lead to such side effects as low libido and loss of muscle mass.

Any thoughts on what he might use instead? I have had several chats with guys 50+ and the older we get the more chats we have about making sure our prostates are healthy

DHT blockers will be prescribed by doctors if you have prostate problems. however as lev said the side effects are awful and in some cases permanent. so be very careful ... there is a reason trannies use DHT blockers like fina and duta ;)

this sounds weird but in terms of steroids to use in this situation deca actually binds to DHT receptors, so in theory that would be the best thing to use believe it or not. in the old days guys would run deca solo, it wasn't until the 90's guys started stacking test with it with the discovery of using nolva to help reduce estrogen and then AI's of course later on

For enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy), a range of 100-960 milligrams of saw palmetto per day is recommended.

Saw palmetto has quite a bit of human studies backing it. A dose of 320 milligrams of saw palmetto extract, in one dose or two divided doses (80-90% liposterolic content), by mouth daily for up to six months, has been taken in numerous studies.

The results though are mixed. Some show it helps, some show no positive effects.

Saw palmetto supplements are pretty cheap so you could give it a try, just don't expect miracles.

Back
Top Bottom