Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stress & anxiety

Alex1988

Registered
I just start taking St. Johns wort and Siberian root for stress and anxiety. What are some good teas and other vitamin supplements to also use? I have trouble sleeping and do suffer panic attacks. Anyone take St. Johns wort and Valerian together? Does it help with your anxiety? Thanks!!!!!!!

I can't say I have any experience with this, but I definitely hope you find something that helps.

I just start taking St. Johns wort and Siberian root for stress and anxiety. What are some good teas and other vitamin supplements to also use? I have trouble sleeping and do suffer panic attacks. Anyone take St. Johns wort and Valerian together? Does it help with your anxiety? Thanks!!!!!!!

Me no. But a good friend of mine did use St John's with some success.

why is it that you aren't seeing the connection between trouble sleeping and anxiety?

they are linked. you need to fix your sleeping habits or else i don't care how many herbs you take.

I mean you should give it a go if you can’t figure anything else out. If you sorted out your sleep maybe things would feel differently.

Stress anxiety

This has been a long running problem for me ever since I was young. Many exercises, especially running has always been a little challenging for me. Regardless of my fitness, the act of exercise alone had caused me to feel extremely stressed out and anxious. Running often puts me in a rather depressive mood.

From what I am aware, exercise usually helps to reduce stress and anxiety as opposed to causing it. It releases endomorphin which should help out the mind. Yet I dont think I have ever felt a change in mood for the better by exercising. My nutritionist seems at a loss in helping me out with this long running problem.

I am wondering if there is any scientific basis for the idea that exercise can actually cause stress and anxiety?

Let me tell you a story and see if it rings a bell. So my daughter often had to nigh on run to keep up with me when we walked. I'd be marching on (usually because we were late due to her and her nan (my mum) chatting so much that we might miss connections on buses and trains. Anyway she got an asthma pump cos 'I get asthma when we walk'. No you get out of breath.

When I ran or when I lift in the gym now it is hard as fuck. It is NOT, at least at the time, a pleasant experience to lift heavy as weights. It's a strain. The pleasure, such as it is, comes from succeeding in beating the weight, getting the reps and so on. It comes from knowing I'm a big mo-fo cos I did the grind. I suspect you were expecting to feel 'good' when reps can be painful, when your hands are shaking and your breathing hard and sweating. If you've ever seen guys finishing a marathon you'll see many looking like death warmed up. Yet they will still be able to feel good about running and completely 26 miles.

This has been a long running problem for me ever since I was young. Many exercises, especially running has always been a little challenging for me. Regardless of my fitness, the act of exercise alone had caused me to feel extremely stressed out and anxious. Running often puts me in a rather depressive mood.

From what I am aware, exercise usually helps to reduce stress and anxiety as opposed to causing it. It releases endomorphin which should help out the mind. Yet I dont think I have ever felt a change in mood for the better by exercising. My nutritionist seems at a loss in helping me out with this long running problem.

I am wondering if there is any scientific basis for the idea that exercise can actually cause stress and anxiety?
Exercising is not supposed to be enjoyable. If it is, you're doing it wrong. You can go in any gym and see most of the people just going through the motions without a lot of effort. Those people never get anywhere with progress. It's those that are grinding it out, looking like they are about to die, covered in sweat, breathing heavy, etc. Those are the ones that succeed. The enjoyment comes from getting through it, and dealing the rewards that come from it. Some of us actually enjoy the pain and suffering, because we look st a bigger picture. That also is what ties into our stress release. Some wont ever understand it. You either have it or you dont

you are SUPPOSED to stress out the body to make it stronger. that is a fact. once you get over the hump it becomes easier.

in the mean time fuck the treadmill at the gym, that is so fucking boring and pointless. go find a running trail with lakes, logs to jump over, animals, etc. something fun like that. get some headphones with some nice music and go enjoy it. find a running buddy you can shoot the shit with while you run. or how about finding a hill and timing yourself and trying to beat your time each time you run up it. there are many ways to make it more fun you just aren't getting creative.

Back
Top Bottom