Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sugar after workout ?

gains4life

Registered
Is it true that the whole sugar after you workout included in your post workout meal(candy, cookies, soda, gatorade, etc) will help you build muscle because of the whole insulin level spiking deal?Thanks for any help!

Is it true that the whole sugar after you workout included in your post workout meal(candy, cookies, soda, gatorade, etc) will help you build muscle because of the whole insulin level spiking deal?Thanks for any help!
Theres some merit to it yes for carbs post workout with protein in regards to insulin levels and shuttling nutrients to the muscle. But sugar is not the right answer. All that crap food isnt going to help build you muscle. It will make you fat though.

there is a woeful amount of ignorance out there on nutrition. i really wish people would just read a book a nutrition book

no human being, or animal on earth, needs to consume refined sugar. the people who push this nonsense don't understand nutrition. and no weightlifter on earth ever lost all their glycogen from lifting weights LMAO.

you actually don't even need carbs after a workout or protein. that is a made up myth by some geek in the 80's who thought they were clever. there is no anabolic window you have to fill with food. the thing you do need that 95% of people fail miserably at is SLEEP. most of you reading this (yes even the vets and mods) get a poor amount of sleep. I even having 3 jobs and taking care of family some days get less sleep than i should. that is where we all have to do better and that is a dysfunction of our society where you can't pay your bills working 40 hours a week and have time to sleep 8 hours a night

Last edited:
I would have a balanced nutritious meal after a working. Not specifically sugars or carbs...just a proper complete mean with fats, proteins, and carbs.

Yeah I would go with carbs instead of the sugar honestly.

Having sugar after workout is really not good. You're looking for blood circulation thru your body, sugar does block it. I mean, not blocks it, but makes your blood harder to circle in your body.
I suppose after training, you better have carbs and glucose (sugar from fruits/vegetables)!

I hope we realize we are splitting hairs when we talk about sugar vs. carbs and it's affect in a post-workout situation. Sugars are carbs and I don't think anyone is suggesting downing a can of coke after a workout. But you can get the same effect by drinking a glass of grape just...and suddenly everything thinks that's ok because it's a fruit sugar. The insulin spike that results is awfully close between the two.

Which goes back to my original recommendation. Post workout is the best time to eat a high protein balanced meal including some simple carbs/starches. Rice, fruit, whole grains, etc.

Chocolate milk is my favorite after a workout.
Easy to consume is the main benefit for me. Since i cant sometimes eat soon after working out.

Simple sugars, no. Slow burning yes. aka, complex carbs. Look into Vitargo. Its made of barley amylopectin which is very soluble and won't raise your glycemic index. There is also maize (corn) amylopectin but its not as soluble in the body.

Use pre and post WO depending on your intensity level.

Back
Top Bottom