Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplementing with Acetyl-L-Carnitine

CanadianGearDepot

Registered
I’ve recently come across Acetyl-L-carnitine and am on day two, would love to hear some experiences from others who’ve tried supplementing with it.

For those who don’t know what it is I’ve thrown together my high-level notes from my research.

ALCAR is an amino acid that is naturally produced in the body. Essentially it acts as transporter of fatty acids from blood into the mitochondria, which supply cellular energy to your body. In the world of fitness it is commonly known as a natural fat burner. This can be a great alternative for those who aren’t into taking off the shelf fat burners, which can contain a plethora of not so great ingredients.

ALCAR isn’t going to be a magic fat loss solution (we all know there is no magic pill), and in order to be effective it needs to be paired with a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Some benefits include:

• Improved exercise tolerance in people with chest pain (angina)
  • Fat loss (oxidizes fatty acids to produce energy)
  • Increased strength which will in turn allow you to lift heavier weights, allowing you to build more muscle
  • Slows down bone loss process (more beneficial for females and senior who are more prone to bone deficiencies)
  • Improved kidney functions if your kidneys aren’t producing enough carnitine naturally
  • Improved immune system by acting as an antioxidant

You can obtain ALCAR by eating things such as chicken, beef, fish, cottage cheese and asparagus. It can also be obtained via pill or liquid form.

Dosing can be anywhere from 500 to 1000 mg daily.

It’s important to be aware of the potential side effects before jumping into trying it as well. ALCAR side effects can include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps – my pill bottle also indicated making seizures more likely in people who have had them before. So far I haven't experienced any but still early on.

I’ve recently come across Acetyl-L-carnitine and am on day two, would love to hear some experiences from others who’ve tried supplementing with it.

For those who don’t know what it is I’ve thrown together my high-level notes from my research.

ALCAR is an amino acid that is naturally produced in the body. Essentially it acts as transporter of fatty acids from blood into the mitochondria, which supply cellular energy to your body. In the world of fitness it is commonly known as a natural fat burner. This can be a great alternative for those who aren’t into taking off the shelf fat burners, which can contain a plethora of not so great ingredients.

ALCAR isn’t going to be a magic fat loss solution (we all know there is no magic pill), and in order to be effective it needs to be paired with a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Some benefits include:

• Improved exercise tolerance in people with chest pain (angina)
  • Fat loss (oxidizes fatty acids to produce energy)
  • Increased strength which will in turn allow you to lift heavier weights, allowing you to build more muscle
  • Slows down bone loss process (more beneficial for females and senior who are more prone to bone deficiencies)
  • Improved kidney functions if your kidneys aren’t producing enough carnitine naturally
  • Improved immune system by acting as an antioxidant

You can obtain ALCAR by eating things such as chicken, beef, fish, cottage cheese and asparagus. It can also be obtained via pill or liquid form.

Dosing can be anywhere from 500 to 1000 mg daily.

It’s important to be aware of the potential side effects before jumping into trying it as well. ALCAR side effects can include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps – my pill bottle also indicated making seizures more likely in people who have had them before. So far I haven't experienced any but still early on.
I used Maxx muscle brand of this stuff. Idk. I'm not convinced really. I'd try it again though. Honestly I'd rather go sarms or even clen. Idk. It's cheap enough that it can't hurt to give it another go I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah, throw 5g into PWO aminos (bcaa/eaa) & whatever else you like. It's not going to make you ripped or anything but it helps in so many ways as the OP has stated.

It is quite decent. Have been using it lately, and even though it did not notice extreme results, it definitely works. However, I usually get much better results from cardarine GW.

It's a great supplement. Don't expect anything life altering from supplementing with it but it will defiently help assist fat loss and give you a cognitive energy boost.

I add 2g to my intra workout bcaa shake. I would recommend supplementing with 1-3G pre or intra workout to experience the fat loss and cognitive energy benefits. I order it bulk off truenutrition.com. Use code tkz564 to save 5%

As Steve and lev said, if your primary goal is fat loss; your money would be better spent on gw cardinine.

Awesome, thanks all for the input. So far I definitely feel an increase in energy but that could also be in part of additional things I'm running, but hey never hurts to try something new!

Great stuff. Nothing life changing but it deffo helps in the long term to burn a bit more fat. Good for cognitive function too :)

Back
Top Bottom