Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplements for kids

engagents

Registered
Long story short, the wife and I are thinking about another kid and are planning accordingly. The wife is an avid gym goer also and supplements bcaa's intra workout. One of her co-workers mentioned that the use of bcaa's while pregnant can cause retardation and other mental illness for the child. My first thought was that's bs. While researching I've only found a couple
mentions of it through health forums but they don't refer to any studies or factual evidence. So my question, have any of you ever came across info like this at all? Know of any studies on the interwebs? My wife is concerned even though we are both skeptical to say the least. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Long story short, the wife and I are thinking about another kid and are planning accordingly. The wife is an avid gym goer also and supplements bcaa's intra workout. One of her co-workers mentioned that the use of bcaa's while pregnant can cause retardation and other mental illness for the child. My first thought was that's bs. While researching I've only found a couple
mentions of it through health forums but they don't refer to any studies or factual evidence. So my question, have any of you ever came across info like this at all? Know of any studies on the interwebs? My wife is concerned even though we are both skeptical to say the least. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Unlikely. the biggest chance from birth defects come from terotogens, such a smoking, alcohol, and environmental hazards. any androgen used during pregnancy can be harmful as well. If the suppliment was hazardous to the pregnant mother, i would hope it has a warning on the label.

Best Regards,

Dustin, RN

This 100% identical to a post of a couple of months back. It was a crock of shit then

There are BCAA's in all protein rich foods. So go eat a chicken dinner and you'd be screwed if it was true.

Never come across with such an absurd claim. I don't know who came up with this nonsense but that person must've been a completely retard himself.
Unless the BCAA that was used in those example cases was filled with tons of other whoknowswhat ingredients it's just another source of protein/amino acids. So the likelihood of getting retarded child is equivalent to eating foods that contain protein.

I have 3 kids and kept up with my fitness thru my pregnancies. I found that the basics- fish oil, multi (prenatal) and b vitamins were suffice in terms of supplements. I ate a very healthy diet Rich in leafy greens, lots of fruits and veggies, protein and complex carbohydrates. I opted to cut out any “extra” supplements (such as bcaas) throughout my pregnancy. In fact I never added them back in as I did not feel they were necessary.

I’d say while pregnant less is more in terms of supplements. Eating healthy, staying active and getting smoke rest is most important.

Good luck

the bcaa's themselves wouldn't be the problem BUT i can buy that because a lot of supplements out there are full of added fillers, dyes, sugars, etc. it can cause issues.. it is no different than the typical person who eats things out of boxes and packages all the time.

the bcaa's themselves wouldn't be the problem BUT i can buy that because a lot of supplements out there are full of added fillers, dyes, sugars, etc. it can cause issues.. it is no different than the typical person who eats things out of boxes and packages all the time.

And even then, as unhealthy as such fillers might be, I've yet to see any evidence they affect unborn children.

BCAA are naturally occurring in foods. The BCAA themselves can not cause birth defects.

That being said, a lot of supplement companies use artificial colors, flavours, sweeteners etc etc in their product formulations

Back
Top Bottom