Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplements on pregnancy

PUMPINGIRON

Registered
im wondering if anyone know if its safe to take bcaa's and protein while pregnant?...Id really appreciate it. I had an ob in the past tell me i had to stop taking protein ...but he didnt tell me why...then again he said its not good to do strength training while pregnant any comments? Thanks.

They are perfectly fine to take while pregnant.

That being said - I would look for a protein powder and BCAA that is naturally flavoured and sweetened with the natural non-caloric sweetener stevia. I don't think including a lot of artificial sweeteners and flavours into your diet when you are pregnant is a good idea.

The protein powder I am currently using is isolation. It is naturally flavoured and sweetened with stevia. I recommend it highly.
https://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79
The BCAA protein gear from n2bm.com contains no artificial flavours or sweeteners either. I would use that or a similar product when pregnant.
https://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Proteins-c33/GEAR-p149.html

Using these supplements is perfectly safe during pregnancy, because these are nothing more than the proteins you would get from food, and amino acids. However, I would recommend you to be very careful with weight training, and if possible, avoid it to the extent of the possible.

im wondering if anyone know if its safe to take bcaa's and protein while pregnant?...Id really appreciate it. I had an ob in the past tell me i had to stop taking protein ...but he didnt tell me why...then again he said its not good to do strength training while pregnant any comments? Thanks.

BCAAs and protein are nutrients in all of the foods, so yeah it is safe to have them as supplements. However, as Masonic mentioned, some products contain tons of bad additives to make product look/smell/taste better, so keep them in mind. As for strength training - a lot of pregnant women do that, but in moderation due to excess strain caused in the abdomen area.

I don't see any issue with it.

Personally, I avoided protein powders and bcaas when I was pregnant. I ate my macros. As far as training....I trained , with weights, up until about a month before I gave birth this past time. I did yoga until the morning I gave birth.

Naturally, I avoided deadifting, squating and any other exercises that really put strain on my belly.

Back
Top Bottom