Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

taking spirulina powder while bulking

wilson/ds5

Registered
I was reading about this spirulina powder and some holistic web says 1-3 gms of it contain 60% high quality protein, that sounds pretty good, do you think taking raw powder of it could a replacement of protein powder over the counter? I tend to have stomach issues while taking protein shakes, plus spirulina is 100 natural product, thank you for replies.

Spirulina is a very healthy food that is high in protein, anti-oxidants and fiber but the protein content in 1-3 grams of spirulina is negligible. Just think about it realistically. What is 2g of protein going to do? That's like taking 1/15th of a scoop of protein powder after your workout.

Keep taking the spirulina but use it as a greens supplement. It doesn't replace the need for a protein supplement.

If you are experiencing stomach issues from protein powder, I suspect you are using a whey protein concentrate. The lactose in the product is what is causing your stomach distress. I would switch to a pure whey isolate.

A lot of adult humans are sensitive to lactose, which is the sugar naturally occurring in milk products. You are going to want to supplement with a pure whey isolate. A pure whey isolate will have no lactose per sugar. A whey protein concentrate on the other hand will have a few grams of lactose per serving. Enough to cause the stomach distress.

Read the ingredients list and purchase a whey protein supplement that contains whey protein isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and nothing else.

I use a really good quality greens powder brother

but what would be the best is what people are too lazy to do, which is buy a blender and blend your own stuff.. don't buy a juicer that extracts juice.. needs to be a blender

Spirulina is a great green to take for overall health. As for protein it will no where near replace a shake or whole food source of protein.

I agree with Muskate that you must be using a whey concentrate product. It wrecks a lot of peoples stomachs. Switch to n2bm protein. It is a pure whey isolate.

Back
Top Bottom