Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thoughts on carbs ?

zenology

Registered
I'm searching through both this forum and ***************** articles and am getting confused from reading so many different things...especially with that other post regarding when you take stuff.

So - I should be taking my whey protein (50g + water, not milk) with a simple carb snack (such as yogurt? right?) right after my work out to help deliver the protein and then have a complex carb meal (such as oatmeal) just under an hour after my work out?

Or is there a different way? I guess I'm just looking for a carb expert...this whole glycogen replenishment thing is hurting my brain, especially being a pre-med student- I should PROBABLY understand these things.

You don't need whey protein and you definitely don't put milk in it. Eat a balanced diet of clean whole foods, and don't stress it. The windows of consumption are really a thing that was popularized by supplement companies trying to generate more sales.

the truth is you actually would benefit more for recovery by NOT throwing anything aside some sipped water at your body after a workout. wait until your body calms down and heart rate drops THEN you can choose to have a nutritious meal.

I would just focus solely on eating clean whole foods to start off.

the truth is you actually would benefit more for recovery by NOT throwing anything aside some sipped water at your body after a workout. wait until your body calms down and heart rate drops THEN you can choose to have a nutritious meal.

Carb wise what would you look to be eating ? I want to do this as perfect as possible!

Carb wise what would you look to be eating ? I want to do this as perfect as possible!
I personally try to skew towards complex carbohydrates (things like brown rice), and avoid refined sugars like sucrose.

Back
Top Bottom