Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for mma fighter

machoney

Registered
guys I would like to know if there is a specific training with weights for mma fighters for stronger punching and kicking, thank you.

MMA fighters can benefits tremendously from weight training.

i would focus on resistance training and total body workouts vs. trying to lift super heavy and hurting yourself

"...and hurting yourself."

Yes, have someone kick your shins a lot and every day, it is essential.

MMA fighting is all about being fast and agile. I would focus on body weight movements and high repetitions.

Things like pull ups, walking lunges, dips etc.

Think functional strength rather then just strength

We had a competitive MMA strength train with us in Gloucester. There was some explosive work in their for power. One thing we did was glove him up and then have him use resistance bands and have him do both standing bag work and ground and pound floor work.

You need overall functional exercises to keep your entire body in a good shape ready for anything. As for the kicks and punches - only practice of those will make them stronger, because in their case 99% of success is the technique, not strength as such. So you need to work on technique, and this is achieved by constant practice of those elements.

Back
Top Bottom