Thread: Trying out Heul - Diary thread

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Post Trying out Heul - Diary thread

Hi Guys

I have been looking at a product called Huel which interested me because I can count what I am putting in my body with a high degree of accuracy. As I am cutting getting ready for my first ever cycle I do need to have some control on what I am eating so it seemed like the ideal product.

A bit of background, this product is made out of plant based foods so it is fully vegan and very high protein. It is quite expensive at 45 for 28 meals so to be honest I am going to have to see good results to make me happy with my purchase, their default product is vanilla but they do offer an unsweetened version.

The package should be arriving in a few days so I am going to keep you updated about how it goes and also other things like taste texture. I will also report how it makes me feel during the day and any other problems or benefits.

I hope you enjoy the read

Nicholas

Senior Moderator
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I went over to their Site, as I'm unfamiliar with this product.
    Since it seems to be for EU residents only.

The Guy "Julian" in the Video, looks Horrible.
    He's really Skinny and his Skin Color is Off.

Here's to Hoping you look much better than Him after your Cut...................................... JP
    P.S.
    Curious ~ why didn't you just go with a Whole Food Diet and add some good quality Whole Food Vitamins into the mix.
    It would be Cheaper and more Beneficial for your Health when Cutting.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I agree with JP 100% on this one. I am not anti-protein supplements but I think you would be better off spending your money on high quality food rather then a meal replacement shake. The problem with plant based protein powders is that they have a very poor biological value. That's basically just a fancy way of saying how much of the protein your body can actually absorb and utilize. Animal based proteins have a much higher bioavailability.

I personally feel that you would be better off by purchasing a high quality whey protein isolate like isolation from n2bm.com. It'll have a much higher bioavailability and be cheaper then the supplement you are looking at. With the rest of the money you save, spend it on whole unprocessed fruits and vegetables. Possibly a good quality greens powder as well.

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Hi jp

I would much prefer a whole food diet and it would definitely be cheaper and probably more beneficial, unfortunately I have been dealt a bad life card for the time being and I am living in 3 different places all 60 miles apart from each other and don't have full use of a kitchen so it really is about convenience at the moment. As soon as I am able I would definitely go whole food but as it stands at the moment this product seems to solve a few of my problems.

My plan is to try it out and see how things go and report on the progress here so other can know if its worthwhile or not, also I don't think there is any danger of me being skinny any time soon lol that is why I'm having to cut body fat.

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Hi muskate

Thanks for your comment, kind of getting a bit worried about this product now with a bit of research I see what you say is correct about poor biological value. To be honest for the next 3 weeks at least it will be very difficult for me to prepare any kind of food that does not come out of a tine and into mouth. I am working on fixing this but had a mixture of good and bad luck recently.

I do have some hard hitting whey protein blend and bulking supplements in storage ready for my gains run, its frustrating for me because I can't start until I loose some body fat and get these kidney stones sorted but when the time comes I will keep a diary ect. Still trying to find a source that I trust but most of them want minimum orders that are quite high, want to do smaller order to build up trust if you understand there are a lot of scammers out there.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Why not try to eat fresh foods instead of cooking them if access to a kitchen is an issue? You can get veggies, and eat them without cooking, as well as many other things. I really think it is a good alternative. And there are many things that can be done in a microwave really easy. For instance, you can get your rice cooked in the microwave, then get a can of tuna, throw it in there, and voila - you got yourself quite a good meal without a kitchen.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author

#1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Sounds something like soylent/joylent. I wouldnt do it personally, but of course, sometimes life takes a turn and you have to look for alternatives.

Let us know how it goes.
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

https://www.evolutionary.org/images/sarms1-banner-2.jpg

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Hi Lev

I usually do eat raw veg, I am vegetarian so tuna would not be possible the thing is there is only so much raw veggies you can eat and to make up the daily calorie intake I think I would have serious digestion problems if you get my meaning lol. I have tried to make brown rice in the microwave and it is possible but takes a long long long time because of the nature of the brown rice.

To be honest after seeing peoples opinion on the stuff I don't think it is going to be that great and an expensive miss purchase but now it is ordered I want to give it a fair test and give an honest and accurate account.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jay

I just looked up soylent and it does seem to be the same sort of stuff, the only thing that sets them apart is that Huel is totally plant based with no animal products. Being vegetarian that is a plus for me but I am also realistic and for bulking you do need to use whey plant protein just wont cut it.

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It arrived this morning along with a free shaker and a free t-shirt, it is less than 24 hours since I ordered and came very well packaged. Also in the package was a fact sheet about how much and when ect so I am very happy about the service aspect of the company.

Now for the interesting part, I opened one of the bags and cautiously had a sniff and it had a very sweet vanilla smell which was very pleasant. I followed the instructions using the supplied measuring scoop and got to shaking the life out of it, mixed very well but I did have to put some extra water in it. The taste was pleasant but unusual, it had an oats and nut taste mixed with the vanilla flavor and I did enjoy drinking it.

It has been about half an hour since my first shake and I feel remarkably full considering the volume of shake I have drank, no signs of abdominal pain or any other side effects yet but I will be sure to report again around lunch time after my second shake.

Bye for now

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I have just come back from my power walk (do 3 miles at lunch at work) and still feeling kind of fueled from the shake this morning, by this I mean no shaking feeling dizzy ect. I am kind of craving a cheese sandwich but cheese is what I am trying to cut out, its always the cheese that messes my diets up but I'm going to stick with this for at least a week so my account of the product is valid.

On another matter I have been doing some sums and to maintain a normal diet (2000K) it costs 6.50 a day, for this money using normal food I could feed both me and my girlfriend without issue so it is quite expensive and while bulking the price would go up over double that so to be honest this product will need to seriously impress me this week for me to continue using it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast