Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Using more amino acids?

Nmxiel

What is the max dosage I can use of amino acids before I should stop taking them?
I’m currently doing 3x the recommended dosage
not seeing any changes yet. When do these kick in?

What is the max dosage I can use of amino acids before I should stop taking them?

I prefer to use protein powder instead of amino acids its better

The amount of muscle protein produced in response to EAA intake increases linearly up to a dose of 15 grams. Quite simply, a bigger dose will give you a bigger response, but more than 15 grams is unnecessary. Also, as long as you wait at least 1 hour after one dose before taking another dose, you will get the same response to each of the multiple doses in one day.

So, there is a big range of possible doses of EAAs. The appropriate dose depends on your desired results and how fast you want to achieve them. If you are on the smaller side and are seeking to support muscle health, a basic dose of 3 grams is reasonable. For example, a petite woman of around 105 pounds with about 30 pounds of muscle will get a robust response and over time see positive effects with a 3-gram dose of EAAs. A young healthy man who weighs 200 pounds and has a muscle mass of about 80 pounds would be better off with a 6-gram dose of EAAs. (A 3-gram dose would be just 0.008% of the muscle mass, so 6 grams would be more appropriate in order to account for the larger muscle mass.) Two doses per day, between meals, is optimal, but you will still get beneficial effects if you only take one dose per day.

Back
Top Bottom