Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

using strattera for studying and concentration for school

Somali Casio

Registered
I've been using Aderral to cram for test, but that supply is OUT right now and my other buddy is offering me Strattera, but I know nothing about it. Do you bros have any idea on the dosage of strattera for studying guys? also should i tell my personal doc I'm taking it? does it cause any side effects, thanks.

None of these ADHD drugs are a smart idea. You realize that they are all amphetamines right? It will increase cortisol levels and kill your appetite. It is also extremely addictive. I have had friends in university use adderall as a study aid and eventually they weren't able to study without it. You can VERY easily develop a permeant dependancy on these drugs.

If you need to focus when studying, get off Facebook, turn off your phone and focus. You don't need prescription drugs.

Tried it once....because ive always had adhd. Lasted for hours and i seemed to be paying attention to the professor but after the class i remembered nothing. Driving home felt like a video game. I never took it again...i dealt with my crappy attention span and studied on my own for best results. I found a bright room by myself with headphones on and chill music worked the best for me. When i was in college i had keycard access to the electronics labs so there wss never anyone in there after 7pm.

Take it at your own risk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Havent tried neither that nor adderall, but gave modafinil a try and it worked. Felt wired like hell and prepared for my exams in few days. However, I would never run it long term for casual studying.

what is it with the young generation that needs a drug to even study? i agree with trevor.. turn your damn iphones, ibooks, ipaids and all that other crap that humans were never intended to use and study

when i was in college and a test was coming up i didn't need drugs to study, i just did it. crazy concept i know

These drugs when used this way will just lead to health issues. There is definitely a place for ADHD medication as my son deals with it. If you are using it for other purposes it is not the best idea.

You need to realize that these compounds will indeed increase your focus, but if it is directed in the wrong direction, you will be just more focused on unnecessary things. If you get distracted by facebook for example, you will still be so, because it is a systemic issue, rather than that of attention. You just need to develop a study system that will work for you, and follow the plan.

Good day Somali Casio. It's very important question. You must first learn everything about the medicament before using it. So you've asked for help in right place. You should read some professional biochemistry articles for learning influence of any drug on the human body. So good luck with your searching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the other guys. Focus on the root issue. Try meditating and deep breathing to slow your mind down. You can even do some in home fitness to burn off some of that extra energy so you can focus better.

I was prescribed with Strattera as a high schooler, and have used Adderall as well as Vyvanse for studying purposes in college. And while it's been a while since I experienced the effects of Strattera, here's what I remember.

Strattera is a non-stimulant. It is NOT an amphetamine. It does NOT send your heart-rate up, and because of this, it doesn't give you as much of the alertness that stimulants, like Addy and Vyvanse do. It also needs time to accumulate in your body before it really begins to affect you, which I found can be worked around by taking large doses (I would double down on my 45mg if I missed a week as I was bad at keeping a schedule for my pill). I took it for about nine months in school because of my inattentive and disruptive behavior (caused by border-line ADHD). It fixed those problems. It made it easier for me to sit still and decide when it was time to goof around and when it was time to focus on the teacher.

After six-ish months, I began to notice there were psychologically negative effects. While I didn't feel depressed or moody, I also didn't feel like myself. I wasn't as fun-loving and carefree as I had normally been. I felt, essentially, like I was becoming a zombie with a much lower emotional range than I'd once had. After a couple more months of dealing with it, I stopped taking the pill, unbeknownst to my parents, and after a month, told my mom everything about my experience and we decided I no longer needed medication.

Strattera acted as a liaison between me and "being a well-behaved kid" in school. I understood how I acted under its effects and was able to replicate the results off med, and suppress my mental urges to burst out in class or become distracted by minor things.

This being said:
I Do not recommend Strattera as a focus improvement drug for short-term use

Because of the relatively high doses required to yield an immediate effect, it's not at all good for your liver. In my experience, it doesn't increase your cognition and mental acuity the way stimulants do, rather it simply keeps you from being distracted. It's like putting up gutter guards on a bowling alley, where Addy or Vyvanse would be putting the bowling ball into a cannon. You won't fall off track with Strattera the way you can with stimulants, but as long as you can aim your cannon (mind) properly, you'll find much better results.

I wouldnt if I was you. I was on t briefly a couple years ago and it didn't really help at all and I'm pretty sure I experienced some bad side effects too.

Concentration is an essential part of studying. What helped me is to read some here ***************, cause I really need help at that particular time in my life.

All these drugs will not solve your problems, but rather focus on the original cause. Read and learn about concentration, meditation, and perhaps just more motivation to study. Rely more on yourself, not on medication.

Hi @terencemall,

. Vyvanse vs strattera, ADHD side effects and dosage, tolerability case studies and research publications, etc. those are mostly fake and paid for by the pharmaceutical companies

Hi @terencemall,

. Vyvanse vs strattera, ADHD side effects and dosage, tolerability case studies and research publications, etc. those are mostly fake and paid for by the pharmaceutical companies

Never used those. ADHD side effects may not be connected with strattera though.

The important fact: strattera has an ability to mess with the dopamine. Here's the scientific explanation:

Focus and Concentration are things involving the frontal lobes with the outside of the brain called the dorsolateral and ventrolateral prefrontal cortex as well as the very very front areas of the frontal lobe called the polar / anterior prefrontal cortex -> Frontal lobe but the areas between left and right half of the brain called the medial areas and anterior cingulate with more sources on essay writing service ->An area called the nucleus accumbens which receives inputs from the frontal lobe, the the amygdala in the deep brain, and the memory center. Together your nucleus accumbens determines which of the dozens of signals it is sending at once is more important.

Back
Top Bottom