Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegan diet and supps

mask44

Registered
Do any of you take any supplements? Do you think they're necessary on a vegan diet? What kind? Maybe B12, omegas? Other vitamins and minerals?

whether you are a vegan or a meat eater you can still be deficient in vitamins and minerals.. it starts with gut health

ironically there are way more meat eaters who lack B12 and eating more meat actually makes the problem worse cause they fuck up their gut health more and more.

Do any of you take any supplements? Do you think they're necessary on a vegan diet? What kind? Maybe B12, omegas? Other vitamins and minerals?

I won't be doing Vegan anytime this century

I'm not vegan but what I've seen B12 and omegas are usually the most common nutrient deficiencies on plant based diet.
However you need to take a look at your own overall diet and see if there's something lacking and cover it with either supplements or food itself.
We can't tell based on this information you provided whether you need supplements or not.

And like Steve said you can develop deficiencies with any diet if you don't design it properly.

Let's be honest. Vegan, or Veganism, is as much a statement as it is a way of eating. And, all too often, it looks like something people do for a bit. Then don't.

Why not just eat properly all the time? If you want good veg, organic or otherwise, grow your own. Want proper meat? Go visit a farmer, see how they breed and raise their animals and buy a WHOLE animal from them and freeze it. It'll be close to shop price anyway.

whether you are a vegan or a meat eater you can still be deficient in vitamins and minerals.. it starts with gut health

ironically there are way more meat eaters who lack B12 and eating more meat actually makes the problem worse cause they fuck up their gut health more and more.

I've never once seen a doctor recommend B12 for a meat eater.

B12 is however always recommended for vegans.

Of course Steve didn't say docs recommended it. B12 for vegans is a necessity as it's the one vit they can't get from a proper vegan diet

FALSE

people with crohns disease are given B12 injections, and they eat plenty of meat. in fact it is one of the factors that led them to having crohns explode in the first place

see these are the false information that people think that I post about on these forums. even though 99% of people think I am wrong. why don't you google "B12 crohns disease" and read up on it before telling me i am wrong. the bodybuilder diet destroys the stomach over the years, and many older bodybuilder/meatheads who do the 8 meal a day BS 100% will have deficiencies as they age.

having a healthy gut is the #1 solution to vitamin deficiencies. also I will re-iterate again, just because a food has high amounts of a vitamin or mineral, doesn't mean eating it will boost that in your body. that is the MYTH that people can't seem to shake off. example: eating something with a lot of cholesterol (eggs) will give you high cholesterol or my favorite that eating foods high in fat (coconut oil, raw nuts, avocado, etc) will make you fat. both are completely WRONG. which goes back to the original point. eating a high meat diet will NOT solve a B12 deficiency, in fact over time it will make it WORSE.

Last edited:
B12 for vegans is a necessity as it's the one vit they can't get from a proper vegan diet

not true at all. it is actually the opposite in most cases

I know plenty of vegans who have zero issues with b12. none at all. again it isn't about eating foods with any particular vitamin or mineral. that isn't how this works. the medical community is so retarded that they don't even grasp this concept.

as many times as I say it on forums or in person to people, they still refuse to listen. I dated a girl who refused to eat anything with any fat on it. if i cooked with coconut or olive oil she wouldn't eat it. fat is bad! fat makes you fat! thats what she thought. human nature is naturally going to think if you eat something that has fat, it will go in your body and turn into fat. so really i know that 99% of you guys on here will not listen to what i am saying and will continue to think that if you consume a food with B12 you will magically boost B12. i cannot argue it

Last edited:
FALSE

people with crohns disease are given B12 injections, and they eat plenty of meat. in fact it is one of the factors that led them to having crohns explode in the first place

see these are the false information that people think that I post about on these forums. even though 99% of people think I am wrong. why don't you google "B12 crohns disease" and read up on it before telling me i am wrong. the bodybuilder diet destroys the stomach over the years, and many older bodybuilder/meatheads who do the 8 meal a day BS 100% will have deficiencies as they age.

having a healthy gut is the #1 solution to vitamin deficiencies. also I will re-iterate again, just because a food has high amounts of a vitamin or mineral, doesn't mean eating it will boost that in your body. that is the MYTH that people can't seem to shake off. example: eating something with a lot of cholesterol (eggs) will give you high cholesterol or my favorite that eating foods high in fat (coconut oil, raw nuts, avocado, etc) will make you fat. both are completely WRONG. which goes back to the original point. eating a high meat diet will NOT solve a B12 deficiency, in fact over time it will make it WORSE.

it's just the way you are saying it...

Having a separate issue like crohns is completely different. Having a balanced healthy diet is of course the best solution for everyone. The point is that Vegans tend to have a harder time with B12 than meat eaters, on average.

Veganism is somewhat new and it's a western first world phenomenon which we are only beginning to study the outcome of the diet now on a larger scale.

it's just the way you are saying it...

Having a separate issue like crohns is completely different. Having a balanced healthy diet is of course the best solution for everyone. The point is that Vegans tend to have a harder time with B12 than meat eaters, on average.

Veganism is somewhat new and it's a western first world phenomenon which we are only beginning to study the outcome of the diet now on a larger scale.

you are still not getting that the bodies digestion dictates deficiencies. not what you put into your body. a vegan who eats pasta, processed junk, etc. will have deficiencies and so will a meat eater who eats bacon, sausage, cold cuts, etc.

i am not a vegan currently. i promote a whole food balanced diet using fasting and infrequent meal frequency. however what people believe to be a good diet isn't. the bodybuilder cookie cutter diet that we see parroted on forums is awful and will lead to deficiences long term.

a vegan who eats healthy whole foods will not have deficiencies because their diet. there is not a shred of evidence proving that. but yeah it is pointless for me to debate this especially on a forum like this cause 99% of people have been led to believe that if food A has X in it, then if you eat a lot of food A, then X will increase in the body. so it is pointless to even try and reason with people. here is a video for you that might change your mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPondxw5Ek8

here is an experiment you guys can all try since you all think Steve is an idiot

go get blood work done to test your B12.
then go to your local butcher and buy a whole cow
eat that cow for the next week, and also take a shit ton of b12 supplements from the drug store
then test your bloods again a week later

i guarantee that your b12 will be about the same exact number.

now do the above experiment for 1 year straight.. eat tons of red meat everyday, take tons of b12 supplements

i guarantee that your b12 will actually DROP and so will a lot of your other vitamins/minerals in your body cause your digestion will become so fucked up

amazing concept huh? but that is the truth.

you can do the same experiment with vitamin C. drink gallons of OJ a day for the next week.. then test your vitamin C.. i bet it stays the same as well. calcium? drink 5 gallons of milk a day for a week. same results.

the food and supplement companies have done a great job of brainwashing over the past 30 years. you have an entire aisle of vitamins and minerals at CVS, none of them are worth a damn. IT ALL STARTS AND ENDS IN THE GUT. if you do not fix your gut health, you will get worse and worse over time!! you can take the entire aisle of vitamins daily and it won't make a lick of difference

Last edited:

It doesn't matter because all vegans will end up weakened and emaciated regardless of supplementation. Good riddance.

here is an experiment you guys can all try since you all think Steve is an idiot

go get blood work done to test your B12.
then go to your local butcher and buy a whole cow
eat that cow for the next week, and also take a shit ton of b12 supplements from the drug store
then test your bloods again a week later

i guarantee that your b12 will be about the same exact number.

now do the above experiment for 1 year straight.. eat tons of red meat everyday, take tons of b12 supplements

i guarantee that your b12 will actually DROP and so will a lot of your other vitamins/minerals in your body cause your digestion will become so fucked up

amazing concept huh? but that is the truth.

you can do the same experiment with vitamin C. drink gallons of OJ a day for the next week.. then test your vitamin C.. i bet it stays the same as well. calcium? drink 5 gallons of milk a day for a week. same results.

the food and supplement companies have done a great job of brainwashing over the past 30 years. you have an entire aisle of vitamins and minerals at CVS, none of them are worth a damn. IT ALL STARTS AND ENDS IN THE GUT. if you do not fix your gut health, you will get worse and worse over time!! you can take the entire aisle of vitamins daily and it won't make a lick of difference

Steve, whoa BRAH......we don’t all think you’re an idiot. The ONLY person that has personally told me at least a dozen times through PM that he thinks you’re an idiot is Eddie. I told him I disagreed but he was adamant about it which led me to believe there was a back story that he wasn’t comfortable sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom