Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Very Best VANILLA Protein Shake!!!

nelson montana

<b>V.I.P. - Author</b>
Okay, I know some of you guys can't accept a protein shake having sugar so this will seem like total sacrilege. Hey, remember when everybody though dextrose was the greatest thing ever? It's SUGAR! I personally have no problem with using a little bit and I absolutely hate artificial sweetening, not to mention how bad it is for you. I also happen to think that every vanilla protein product on the market tastes like shit. Way back a million years ago there was BLAIR'S protein, which was the first "designer" protein supplement with real vanilla bean and it was absolutely delicious. But I digress. Anyway, try this...

Put just a tiny amount of milk -- maybe a quarter of a cup in a blender with 2 ice cubes and blend that with a scoop of unflavored protein powder. (It'll be thick). Then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and blend again. What you get is a delicious vanilla shake that doesn't require you drinking a whole lot and it'll be 30 grams of protein.

Yes, it's a treat. But what the fuck.

I like plain whey protein and I flavor it a bit differently each time and some times I just have it plain. If you get good vanilla whey concentrate and mix it with a ripe banana that is really creamy, you can make a tasty high protein treat. Its the consistency of pudding its pretty darn good.

I don't mind getting a bit of sugar from whole fruit or even Raw honey or Agave syrup, I just stay away from powder sugar that stuff is like crack. But yeah I use fruit to raise my carb count on my milkshakes and it works great!

bro no one uses dextrose anymore...there is like 100 things better than that...

bro no one uses dextrose anymore...there is like 100 things better than that...

I know, that's my point. One day there's something that everyone thinks is the shit and next year it's garbage. I maintain though, all the sugar substitutes suck. Agave syrup is good, but it's pretty much sugar -- not much different from corn syrup. Yes, sugar can be addicting and you have to be careful. If you can avoid it, all the better but some people can get away with it. I've gone totally sugar free and it didn't make much difference at all.

I know, that's my point. One day there's something that everyone thinks is the shit and next year it's garbage. I maintain though, all the sugar substitutes suck. Agave syrup is good, but it's pretty much sugar -- not much different from corn syrup. Yes, sugar can be addicting and you have to be careful. If you can avoid it, all the better but some people can get away with it. I've gone totally sugar free and it didn't make much difference at all.

I get your point but let me be clear you are top tier genetics Nelson so you eating ice cream everyday and sugar and you stay skinny anyway. Telling a fat person it’s okay to get any sugar at all is iifym type bullshit. It doesn’t work. If it did work then Americans wouldn’t be the fattest people in the world

And I agree with you that artificialnsweeteners are horrible. They destroy gut health and mess with your hormones more than people think.

And dextrose doesn’t belong in the human body. I’m with you on that. It was pushed by insulin users who didn’t want to risk going hypo. I’m sure you knew that but many people don’t. So then forum gurus started pushing it

Botttom line Any refined sugars are magnets to disease. They Also spike insulin levels for hours so they are a horrible idea if you are trying to get lean doesn’t matter even if it’s a little bit

The key with these is that they are a treat. Just like Nelson said. Do not consider this an everyday substitute for good quality protein. Consider it a treat with the added bonus that there is some protein in there.

I get your point but let me be clear you are top tier genetics Nelson so you eating ice cream everyday and sugar and you stay skinny anyway. Telling a fat person it’s okay to get any sugar at all is iifym type bullshit. It doesn’t work. If it did work then Americans wouldn’t be the fattest people in the world

And I agree with you that artificialnsweeteners are horrible. They destroy gut health and mess with your hormones more than people think.

And dextrose doesn’t belong in the human body. I’m with you on that. It was pushed by insulin users who didn’t want to risk going hypo. I’m sure you knew that but many people don’t. So then forum gurus started pushing it

Botttom line Any refined sugars are magnets to disease. They Also spike insulin levels for hours so they are a horrible idea if you are trying to get lean doesn’t matter even if it’s a little bit

All true. But fat people aren't fat from sugar alone, they're fat from consuming more calories than they expend! Meanwhile, guys are eating rice and oatmeal thinking it's bodybuilding food when three minutes after it's in their stomach, it's SUGAR!

^^^ I don't victim blame when it comes to nutrition because there is a lot of bad info out there so it is usually not a fat persons fault. now if they don't take my advice and continue doing the wrong things then that is a different story. but even well educated nutritionists give bad advice out there so hard to point fingers and blame obesity in america on the person when they think they are following good advice. IE: IIFYM which is pushed by food companies

Back
Top Bottom